Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I setup my account for my phone it screwed up my name everyone sees, it miss spelled what I put in, smart a phone for ya, so that's why my signature is like it is .

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
On tapatalk go into your profile, then settings and youll see signature and you can turn it off. All good Steve, I know I got my head bit off in the past for it and had no clue it was there myself. Lol but I am gonna go to bed with that sig repeating in my brain because I read it a thousand times already lol

Well, got a bow for my Poulan 3700 build coming, thanks to Brandon. Can't wait for my seals to show up so I get get this puppy back together. Been scattered on one section of my bench for about 6 months.

BOW:sweet:

Out with the wife at wineries for her birthday and man did I get an eye roll for taking pictures of this!
b1b1d423b7a42354d31f9d9dcbe93785.jpg
3eb56a7323ba5c093b9d1cdb1e4c6452.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe the boat motor is a Johnson td-20. My favorite--They just keep going-------David--Made 1946-49--2cyl water cooled 5hp--6 ounces of oil to a gallon of gas--foot takes Lubriplate 105 grease-- no F-N-R crank and its in gear turn motor backwards for reverse. Has a shelac covered cork float in carb. Prop uses a soft shear pin. Original pull cord made up of a fine braided bronze wire with cloth covering. cast iron sleeved engine.Dad bought 1 used when I was a baby--that was 55 years ago and its still reliable as ever----The one that got me into the old outboard hobby!!

Got to make the upper and lower guards for it, don't feel safe without them. Had a close call twenty five years ago with my dads, chain guard was short on the bottom of his and like a dummy I had rested the saw on my leg. Well the saw started to die and I goosed the throttle and the chain grabbed my pants by the leg through a spot where the guard didn't cover. Was a close call, I'll make these like the ones Stihl used. My son in law's dad has two Stihl bow saws he uses, may have to get a picture of them and post them up.

Well, its staying like it is, no one has said anything about this til now, I'm sorry it offends you. Not mad nor trying to be an a about it.

Steve, I was not offended and I was definitely not trying to be an arse about it myself either. I was just pointing out the sig and how it read as part of all your posts.

I don't have internet at home, just my phone and using the web site on my phone is slow.
Sorry I pointed it out lol. I always read your posts and replies and as I read quickly to try to cover the entire thread I have read that sig a million times automatically. Lol

Hang out in here sometimes, it gets chatty some nights.
I wish I could contribute to the vintage saw chat but the oldest saw I have is a little Poulan 2000 with a 12" bar that I use a my bush remover and I know that barely qualifies as a chain saw

Those are good little saws, I love the ones I have, good trim saws, oiling parts are hard to come by unless you rebuild it yourself. Don't let not have a 50 year old saw from not chatting, don't think the guys would mind.
I actually love that saw. The simplicity/size/weight of it may be its best attributes. I laugh everytime I use it because at how well it work.

They are simple, easy to work on also. I have an old Sears 2.3 av model I got new in the early 80's, my first saw. Same as a Poulan 2300av, she's my shelve queen cause of a p/c, has some scoring but will still run. Guess one day I'll track down a p/c for her and replace the crank seals. Parts are getting hard to find unless used.

They are simple, easy to work on also. I have an old Sears 2.3 av model I got new in the early 80's, my first saw. Same as a Poulan 2300av, she's my shelve queen cause of a p/c, has some scoring but will still run. Guess one day I'll track down a p/c for her and replace the crank seals. Parts are getting hard to find unless used.

There was a guy selling replated cylinders for them. He sold a 2300 cylinder for $25 shipped. I don’t know if he’ll find anymore

I wasn’t aware, craftsman sold a version of the 2300. The only ones I’ve seen were the S25cva versions and the rebadged 2000s

Back