Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately I’m only an Aggie fan...I didn’t get accepted. I blame it on certain political correctness BS but I’ve never been the most attentive in school anywho. My wife is a grad though. Have family over in Bryan.

Wanted to be an Ag major but life took a different route.
But your job is waaaay cooler than being in the Agricultural profession

I tell anyone if I could support my family well similar to now by owning a ranch I’d leave my job in a heartbeat. My heart never left the old ranch.

I’ll have pictures tomorrow for you of my “new” wheels
Heal yea!

And my wife and I was talking last weekend about how cool it would be to own a cattle ranch and that was our only responsibility beside family and friends

I do have a Stihl, bp blower, best one I've ever used.

Steve
I like my redmax, around 15yrs and the only problem has been the recoil from storing it on the trailer and having water get in it, and I replaced the fuel filter as well as the lines and cleaned the carb, no carb kit and the original plug lol.
I've been mowing commercially one day a week for a long time and I use it to clear snow off my cars and the drive in the winter so it always has fuel in it.

076 is new from a friend in Mexico where they still sold them until recently. It is a modern version and substantially different than my old US model from 30 years ago. A lot of improvements but no deco valve so I will probably never even try to start it with my old shoulder.

Just out of curiosity is your 076 made in Brazil? The last TS760 cutoff saws we got here were all prominently marked "made in Brazil": they were available until replaced by the TS700/800.
You could also try asking this friend south of the border how the supply of 076/TS760 cylinders is there. Stihl has sent dealerships here in Europe a communication that they won't restock 076/TS760 cylinders after the present batch is used up. Given how recently the TS760 was sold here it seems rather strange and could be nothing more than a ploy stop stocking an extra item in Europe while at the same time pushing the TS700/800 on customers. The TS760 is an extremely popular cutoff saw and owners will go to great lengths to keep it working.
The only decent cylinder I know of is the Hyway unit so it would be nice to have a second source.

This is the perfect time, maybe he'll hook you up with some cool gear and try to win you over :D.
Me I can't stand those creamsicles :innocent:.
2016 vintage;).
View attachment 636315

The boycotting is the prices if parts is killer, new crank seals, impulse line, fuel line and filter for my 084 cost me 72$ I about had a stroke

The boycotting is the prices if parts is killer, new crank seals, impulse line, fuel line and filter for my 084 cost me 72$ I about had a stroke
Gotta like that proprietary stuff :nofunny:.
Huskys got a few like that too arg.
I have a feeling as time goes on it will become worse as each saw(in all makes) will have more parts that will not interchange with another in the lineup.

I'm ready for a 390, and not an ms either lol.
I missed one last week for 400 :dumb:.
What will be raffled off :sweet:.
Do you prefer the 390 because it's newer? I've heard a lot of people say the 390 doesn't hold a candle to the 385, saying it wasn't as well designed as the 385 which was based off the legendary 288.

I'm getting quite the collection of Huskies at the moment, 346xp, ported 545, 460,575xp,576xp. So I need a 90+ cc range husky to power my planer table
I'd sell the one in the middle and the one above it, replace the 575 with a 372.
Do you prefer the 390 because it's newer? I've heard a lot of people say the 390 doesn't hold a candle to the 385, saying it wasn't as well designed as the 385 which was based off the legendary 288.
It's not a matter of preference for me as I've never even ran one.
From the guys I've talked to the 385 is the best stock cylinder, but they melt with the pto bearing issue when they designed the 390. So if you have the choice a 390 chassis with a 385 cylinder if stock, or a ported 390 would work(this is according to what I've been able to gather anyway). If I sell my perty 660 it would cover a nice saw, and maybe even a ported one, since it's usually cheaper to buy one someone else paid to have done than to send one out for porting.

Latest posts

Back