Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one of the large ones would you run Brian.
Edit:if you had your choice of boxes lol.
I sold my 2186 last year but I did Love it.
I have a 395 that I run for my big saw now. Plus I'm in the middle of building a 288.
The saws I run the most I try and keep them somewhat current. So when something breaks I can just go and get the parts and got back to running.
All my older stuff is fun and I do run them but in the back of my mind I keep thinking about how tough it is to get parts for them.

I sold my 2186 last year but I did Love it.
I have a 395 that I run for my big saw now. Plus I'm in the middle of building a 288.
The saws I run the most I try and keep them somewhat current. So when something breaks I can just go and get the parts and got back to running.
All my older stuff is fun and I do run them but in the back of my mind I keep thinking about how tough it is to get parts for them.
That's why I try to keep them 3 series and newer.
Did you see there's a NOS 262 P&C that was just listed in the TP.
We were talking about the 385 vs the 390. Seems a lot of guys have had bearing problems on both.

That's why I try to keep them 3 series and newer.
Did you see there's a NOS 262 P&C that was just listed in the TP.
We were talking about the 385 vs the 390. Seems a lot of guys have had bearing problems on both.
I don't see them with bad bearings as much as 372's.
The 385 intake boot was bad for get holes tore in them.
They updated them and did seem much better.
I think the AV was a little too soft in them all.

I got this one given to me the other day. Should make a fun project.
bda8a471b401d3e8fdbd8d242d18d21d.jpg
a9442f4e93a574c115da14ef20fa35a0.jpg

The boycotting is the prices if parts is killer, new crank seals, impulse line, fuel line and filter for my 084 cost me 72$ I about had a stroke
Old news here--I guess I am Just to frugal to get into the sthil line--except for my scored up $25 ms 390 with good bar-on the shelf for now--looking at aftermarket parts--David:drinkingcoffee:

Morning all! The weekend is quick approaching which means my long over due break is coming very soon. Got a couple exams tomorrow and then it is back home for the first time since early January! Expect some saw pics for sure and probably some videos this weekend. It's going to be very fun, now hopefully I ordered all the right parts to finish the builds I have planned...

Morning all! The weekend is quick approaching which means my long over due break is coming very soon. Got a couple exams tomorrow and then it is back home for the first time since early January! Expect some saw pics for sure and probably some videos this weekend. It's going to be very fun, now hopefully I ordered all the right parts to finish the builds I have planned...
Morning!
I'm also working on some projects, I believe I've mentioned the gold 130cc+ saw I'm working on, it passed a crank pressure/vac test, so now I'm on to tinkering with the off-brand carburetor.

Homelite 9-23 is also coming along quite nicely as well.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

Morning!
I'm also working on some projects, I believe I've mentioned the gold 130cc+ saw I'm working on, it passed a crank pressure/vac test, so now I'm on to tinkering with the off-brand carburetor.

Homelite 9-23 is also coming along quite nicely as well.

Think the big goldie needs a Tilly HL, no luck with the Tecumseh carb.

Think the big goldie needs a Tilly HL, no luck with the Tecumseh carb.

Sounds like you are working on some heavy artillery there!!:sweet: I have a few Pioneer 650's for future projects at 103cc's from ebay .Cheap -nobody wanted them and I had to take the little fellas in and give them perpetual care. LOL---David

Latest posts

Back