Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honey locust is 1548

Not sure if it's harder or softer than black locust
Honey has a little higher btu content, but it's some nasty stuff to split as the grain is very twisted.
That hedge is some hard stuff for sure. Then if you jump across the pond the got some crazy hardwood in Australia. When you watch videos of them cutting it looks as if no one knows how to sharpen a chain lol.

Having trouble identifying the white one. Thoughts ? Thx in advance .
d796f49038b053b1ec0f9a9279dac4a5.jpg

Erik

I've seen them before, are they the ones that just the motors also power pumps and such.
They were go kart motors made by Tecumseh back in the late 50's and 60's. They used the A LOT in off brand saws because that was an easy way to do it, just put a go kart motor in it lol.

The AH-47 which is the most common is a 77cc motor, there is also a 90cc version I can't remember the name and an AH-81 which is the big 130cc motor.

They were go kart motors made by Tecumseh back in the late 50's and 60's. They used the A LOT in off brand saws because that was an easy way to do it, just put a go kart motor in it lol.

The AH-47 which is the most common is a 77cc motor, there is also a 90cc version I can't remember the name and an AH-81 which is the big 130cc motor.

AH-58 @95cc.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

Cool.
I knew I'd seen them around before.
Anyone know much about the Mcculloch 1 81 HD?, gear drives?

1-81 HD is 87 cc (2.125" bore x 1.5" stroke) like many other models but does use thin rings vs. the thick rings used on many other similar sized engines. There was no direct drive equivalent, the 1-70 (direct drive) and the 1-80 (gear drive) used the thick rings.

The 1-80HD is one model that has eluded me so far. I do have a very nice 1-80 that I got from Ike Holtz, and a 1-81 that may have come from Joeymt33. The 1-80 is a good runner and fun to take to GTG's so folks can really see, hear, and feel the operation of the air vane governor. I am also missing the 1-82, they must not have made many as I have only seen 3 or 4 every come up on eBay.

The 1-80

IMG_1916.JPG

Mark

Back