Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this on a saw today, yikes! I was disappointed to find it and a bad crankshaft.
c8f18a4a360ee518dd6653242da8c453.jpg

Also, I was taking the fenders off my 1949 Ford and I accidentally poked a hole in one of the radiator tubes. Maybe it won’t cost too much to have it sordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m hoping someone has a good, but crusty, cheap crankcase. I have two other good crankcases but they have good crankshafts, good cylinders and pistons, so I don’t want to use those.

I found this on a saw today, yikes! I was disappointed to find it and a bad crankshaft.
c8f18a4a360ee518dd6653242da8c453.jpg

Also, I was taking the fenders off my 1949 Ford and I accidentally poked a hole in one of the radiator tubes. Maybe it won’t cost too much to have it sordered.

I'm missing something,
What's wrong with this?

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

That took some effort to make that knurled bushing retainer for the last guy. Sucks that it had to ruin the case for you. I don't suppose one of the huztl cases would do the job for you.

That may be the route I take, it will have a flip cap crankcase and a screw cap gas tank tho.

That took some effort to make that knurled bushing retainer for the last guy. Sucks that it had to ruin the case for you. I don't suppose one of the huztl cases would do the job for you.
I'm pretty sure that insurt is in all the 044 cases. The bearing must of seized to the insurt and came out when the case was split.

Like was mentioned, you might do some checking with huztl, review like checking to see how well those cases are holding up with folk before you plant your money on a set.

Steve
I think the huztl cases are fairly good quality all things considered. The fit and finish on my ms361 was very nice, everything lined up and slid together nicely. The rest of that saw outside of the case though...is another story.

Many hours (40) on that saw yet? That's what I meant.

Steve
If your talking about mine, they have held up fine. I don't have a tremendous amount of hours on them but I have confidence in the cases. I have around 30 tanks in the saw, most of them being milling in the summer and I have had no problems so far. I know there are more members on here who have more hours on their saws and as far as I know there has not been a failure with the cases yet.

Back