Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early form of low kickback bar. For some reason they only changed the nose radius on one side, so not flippable. Never heard that they were more dangerous.

Philbert
I guess that's why they didn't do very well.. Can't remember where I read about the dangerous part.. Might be wrong

If you ran it flipped over I think you would shake hands with Danger and hear the Roll of drums!! Old cat guys know what I speak of....---David--old cat safety films--search utube and live..
Yeah those vids that cat made were really good. Even though they are old they get the point across very well, even more so than the current safely films I have had to watch. Way cooler to watch with the vintage iron working in the background too

Where has everyone gone lately? I've been busy with work and stuff. Lots of tree trimming and one bucking job. Ms361 ran like a top once I got in in tune. Not much saw work for me lately, but I'm slowly figuring out parts for my two complete rebuilds. Currently engulfed in my newest project of a Miller engine drive welder. I know it's not a saw, I'm sorry y'all, but it's old and broken so it fits right in with the rest of the crew.
06f770776d0121c50238f3a0beee8564.jpg

Only ran a saw for 20 minutes yesterday, had a short needle pine to pop out and was hanging over the fence into the hay pasture. JD 3020 and a chain made fast work of getting tree on the ground. just had to saw it up enough to fit in the dump trailer. The pine has an oak tree growing around it. Both had character growing together like that and we don't have may short needle pines around here.

I've just been trying to get stuff situated for the baby, and trying to drum up some business on the side to help me and the wife make it through the pregnancy. She was put on bed rest because of elevated blood pressure so she won't be able to work as much as we we're hoping, and due to some poor business practices we don't know if she will get another pay check from her employer, still waiting to hear more from that. So I've been trying to drum up some chainsaw work to help us get through the next couple of months

Sorry to hear y'all dilemma. Hopefully work will come your way, most places have pregnancy leave.

Steve
She has leave but it's unpaid and we were hoping she could work the month of July and have 2 weeks of time off to help us, but we don't know if we will, so I'd rather not have to survive soley off savings to keep us from being flat broke coming out of this pregnancy

Before things get too thin for ya, we could assemble some raffle stuff. I'll put up a 1-42.
Y'all don't have to do that, I think we will make it. Savings and stuff might take a hard hit but hopefully the wife can go back to work part time after first month and then back full time after the second month. I heard through the grapevine we should be getting a pay raise at work, which is good because it will offset the cost of my insurance going up due to our little blessing. Good thing is it only goes up once for "family" so you can put as many kids on there after that at no additional cost lol

Tell me about it. Those who do tree work full time are animals. I don't know how they do it. I can do it for a couple of days, but after that it's just not happening.
So I was out falling pine trees from 1:00-5:30, and I've always done pretty good with heat but today sucked the life out if me

Back