Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well shoot, I thought I had this cad thing under control but then I just found out that Huztl finally released the long awaited 200t. Although I normally would not put together another kit saw, this one peaks my interest for sure at around $215 shipped. I wonder how this is going to hurt the resale market for genuine 200t's now?

Another place is your neighbor's Garage when they are on vacation, just repaint the saw and bar. They probably wouldn't recognise it any way cause they don't pull it out but once a year. He might even ask to borrow a saw.

Steve
Good one Steve! I must ask, with how much success do you have with that method? Asking for a friend.

Honestly I've gotten most of my saws through word of mouth, flea markets, and thru fellow members on this site. The one time I bought from the bay, I was sorta disappointed but it is what it is. Best time I've had is by far through fellow members on the site. I tried the local repair shops but the one doesn't work on saws, and the other flat out won't sell any used stuff. That guy is a character for several reasons, but I won't get into that.

The one time I bought from the bay, I was sorta disappointed but it is what it is
Ive gotten some decent deals on ebay and have had only a few disappointments along the way. A few saws I bought on there actually turned out to be in better shape than I had ever expected.

One thing Ive learned is to try and avoid buying from big sellers with lots of experience with saws (or general equipment/parts). Those guys seem to jack up the prices to be much higher than someone that's a small timer just trying to sell quick.

The only saw I got off eBay was a Poulan 4200, only wanted one for a parts build. Was hoping the p/c would be in good shape to put up if I ever needed them. Locator pins in piston had came out and trashed both. But I did get my 5200 built and running. That's been a good while back and I still haven't ran it but twice and it has seen wood yet.

Steve

Back