Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna convert my Poulan 5200 av mounts to husky mounts but they are metric threaded, plus they are cheaper and available. Trying to find out the correct thread pattern and pitch before I attempt changing the threads in the handle. I want to be 100% certain also before ordering 6 mounts. If the thread size is smaller than the original Poulan standard thread size then I will look at a different husky mount.

Steve, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Steve did you ever come up with some AV's?

Yep, taped the mounting holes to metric and installed the Husky mounts, less than 3 bucks apiece, cheaper than 29 bucks apiece.

Steve
Thanks, I'm going to start freshening up my 5200 here shortly.
Which Husky mounts did you use.
Were they coarse or fine thread I know they used both on the older husky and J-reds.

Picked this up at an estate auction, haven't messed with it yet but she turns over and the price was right.

Missing the air cleaner element and cover, if I can't find replacements I'll just make a cover

IMG_1035.JPG IMG_1037.JPG IMG_1038.JPG

What has everyone been doing, I'm just sitting around in the great outdoors.
e840933524b7dacb1b95a9d54deb579a.jpg

Steve

Nothing much here this weekend. Mainly some cleaning, although I did get my 10-10 going again because the Makita gave up the ghost the previous weekend. Wrapped the handlebar to give it some grip and some cushion. Seems to work well.
fd75771779635ea318b9b23559b89087.jpg

Latest posts

Back