Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During my Christmas break I found enough parts to build a 630 Jred except the muffler bolts and gasket. Only new parts I'll have to pay for are probably cranks seals. I also finally got the part for the handle on my XL-12 that I broke a year ago.
I really like the XL 12 line--Great for a bow saw--David

We have everything but hogs here in the northeast. I wish we had hogs.

Have the cracked corn out all year. Checked the trail cam and a nice 8pter. We have another one about 275/300# but can’t count the points it’s a crazy twisted up rack. We have bears, yotes, mountainlions, bobcat and lynx.
No you don't want hogs lol, they multiply like rabbits but don't have any natural predators, the are really bad on the environment as well.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

You don't want to get caught in the woods with a sow with piglets, hope you can run faster than her. Mean they can be. Ones in South Georgia, some of those are mixed with Russian boar, very mean and will charge you. Now those can get extremely big.

Steve

Nice project --What are you buffing with. Scotch brite pads? Looks good--carb with a float and you know its an old one. I have a wood lot wizard that is similar --David
Using a soft wire wheel to start with. I know it's not the best for old aluminium but its the only thing that seems to get through the old paint.

ya the parts support for older saws is bad and it's getting worse. I'm replacing the pickup on a Husky 281XP and they want $100+ CDN for the genuine Husky part.
It wasn't me looking initially. I'm a little lucky as I work for a Husqvarna dealer, so I can get parts at dealer cost. Turns out Husqvarna supplies parts for a number of manufacturers. Poulan, Jonsered, McCulloch, and others.

I wonder what qualifies as a "vintage saw"?
Would something like these American made 009L and CS-346 fit into that category?
20181225_085417.jpg
20190122_213822.jpg
Or does it have to be really old and considered a pro saw by some and be all metal with most of the paint missing?
Does a primer bulb eliminate it from consideration?

Back