Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like this?
c552f13d1140b10c49ff87dabb8c4d97.jpg

Steve

That's a Poulan 25da unless It has both manual and auto oiler, then it's a super 25da.

Steve
Ah, I see. I thought the "S" was for Super, the 38cc engine.

This one used to have both auto and manual oiler, and powersharp. But the manual oiler button and the powersharp are both gone now. Just a square hole in the top of the handle, and a t-hole in the top of the clutch cover.

Ah, I see. I thought the "S" was for Super, the 38cc engine.

This one used to have both auto and manual oiler, and powersharp. But the manual oiler button and the powersharp are both gone now. Just a square hole in the top of the handle, and a t-hole in the top of the clutch cover.
That's what you have, s25da

Steve

I still dont have a Poulan super 25 yet, you would think as common as they are I could find a good deal on one here local, but that has yet to happen.

There is a ton of those old craftsman/poulan top handles lying around. I'd like to put one together sometime. Were these good saws before poulan became what it is now.
To me, as top handles go, they have poor balance.
I think of them more as a hybrid, ultra compact rear handle. And no anti-vibe on the older ones. Kind of like a 009, but smaller.
That's my impression anyway.
I like my old all metal Craftsmam version of the s25da. But I don't really use it much.

There is a ton of those old craftsman/poulan top handles lying around. I'd like to put one together sometime. Were these good saws before poulan became what it is now.
The super 25a was the strongest top handle in existence at the time, much like the 200t is now, that's why everyone just cut a deal with poulan and rebranded it with their name. Only other top handle that came close was the little frontier saws produced in Canada, they made saws for most all the swedish saw companies and pioneer.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

What are yall using for air filters?
I just got another one. Stupid CAD. But it was nearly free. What else could I do?
This one is a Craftsman 2.0/14. Mag case and clutch cover. But plastic carb cover, starter cover, and handle I think.
Started right up, but smokes a little. Hopefully just too much mix.
20190129_191554.jpg

Only the top handle and carb cover is plastic. I found some packing foam blocks that come in our parts boxes work real good. If I can breathe through it, it's a filter. So far GM hasn't changed the foam padding they use in headliner shipping boxes.

Steve

Back