Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've got three old Honda's, all of course say made in Japan. My Honda genset was definitely made in Japan, it even has an old Honda Car Land sticker on it from the 80's. My Kohler v2 24hp says made in China, load of crap, but it runs well. American companies need to wake up.

Steve
Yep. the older Honda's are all Japan but for many years now, they have been made in China. The Mowers have a sticker on the rear of the motor stating such. Most carbs are chinese anyway. Things have certainly changed.... Workshops are overseen I'm sure from Japan. I have an old Pope (Chinese) Line trimmer. Starts every time. Never drained fuel Is 9 years old now & you cannot kill it! I believe it depends what chinese company are involved. There's much cheaper crap out there but also, pretty good also nowadays. The older Japanese made stuff is tuff....

P.S. When the Honda carbs block, you cannot simply spray carb cleaner in them & be done, as you can get away with with B&S. That's why I don't hassle with them anymore & prefer to just replace with a cheap carb as most are getting old now & have been well used. Definitely would not pay for a genuine Honda carb as it's price would no way be an option for customers.

That Chinese carb I threw on my Honda genset works pretty good. Didn't even have to adjust it, have been very pleased with it. I've got an old Fuji Robin trimmer, carb went out and the company that imported them from Japan closed up when Subaru stopped building outdoor power equipment. Makita wanted over hundred bucks, no way. After searching off and on for three years I found one that would work. Just had to lean it down a lot cause of a bigger jet. Trimming weights about 5lb so was happy to get it going again.

Steve

Picked this up back in Jan/Feb? The switch was cactus so I changed that but couldn't get it to run (though it was running beforehand, apparently lol) so, will be giving her a once over soon as I have a chance. Bar & chain is ok so, fingers crossed...
IMG20190704191829.jpg

On that one it is, look at a Poulan 2000 and a few others, right next to the front handle, lower left side. Could have made it bigger for ya to hit and see how much oil you are putting in. Instead you pour til it's too late and running all over the place.

Steve Sidwell

I've just landed a Homelite Super XL AO & negotiating the delivery now. So, I can expect it by hopefully Tues here = Monday your time. I'm over the moon & will put up pics when I get here home. It's quite worn looking, aesthetic wise but runs well supposedly. Fingers crossed.....

I've just landed a Homelite Super XL AO & negotiating the delivery now. So, I can expect it by hopefully Tues here = Monday your time. I'm over the moon & will put up pics when I get here home. It's quite worn looking, aesthetic wise but runs well supposedly. Fingers crossed.....
Im up to 3 of them now, you wont be disappointed.

I haven’t posted to this page in forever. I’ve been busy with mowers and weedeaters. Going to pick up the mower in the group with a bagger and the one with the two cycle Suzuki engine.
1e8a2c0a82d75f6d46122b099dd84557.jpg
2ba3c78f91cbd887bd91abbcc1950c68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the time the throwaways will run with a fuel system cleaning.

This one actually is a professional grade saw. It is made by redmax and has a magnesium split crankcase. Every single part is marked Zenoah Japan. Saw is the same as a G621avs redmax. It is 62cc.

I snagged this green machine a few weeks ago for $5. Fuel line, fuel filter and carburetor kit and it runs like a champ. Not vintage but it’s pretty cool.
ddc47ee4cdf25483ed70d4b45123498a.jpg
7d5e355be310c7f43293278a30caef19.jpg
d4d5ee6c6a68bbe3cc42b18d86934dee.jpg

One of these days I'll find me a good looking 7700 lol

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

hello first time I am posting here been collecting old saw for awhile now here is the saw I just got running and I am looking for a set of falling spikes for it maybe some one might know where I could get them

Attachments

• ATT00039.jpg
    ATT00039.jpg
    933.1 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back