Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boy do I love the C-Series Homelites.
I've been lucky to get very clean saws and a freebie C-7 from a HoH member with a starter issue (turned out to be assembled wrong). I buy the OEM RK88HL kits in bulk because the saws I gravitate towards all use them! I do believe it's time to take a nice family picture.

Boy do I love the C-Series Homelites.
I've been lucky to get very clean saws and a freebie C-7 from a HoH member with a starter issue (turned out to be assembled wrong). I buy the OEM RK88HL kits in bulk because the saws I gravitate towards all use them! I do believe it's time to take a nice family picture.
I probably should too, between the Homelites and large frame Macs in the collection, I have quite a few using them at this point. I'm actually restoring a pioneer 600 with a Tilly HL right now as well.

They are great big ole' saws that cut real nice with a. 404 chain.

http://acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/e...592716a853be739788256b7c0017d9ba?OpenDocument

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]
9f613234b20cc5cc388a409c67ba22e5.jpg

I got a 1-41 think its similar to yours. I gotta get it running yet but have to finishbup a couple other half torn apart saws i just got the parts in for.
I really like the old macs.
638b1c10d3b60b53ee5eba8a303146b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

They are great big ole' saws that cut real nice with a. 404 chain.

http://acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/e...592716a853be739788256b7c0017d9ba?OpenDocument

9f613234b20cc5cc388a409c67ba22e5.jpg

I’m trying (hard) to resist the urge to become a collector. My (made up) reason for looking at a saw like this would be wearing a longer bar than my ms362cm for the few times I might actually need it.

The saw itself is not pretty in the pics. Quite a bit of missing paint. Nice looking sprocket nose 30” Homelite bar. Seller says it “runs when it wants to” so I’m figuring some carb and/or ignition work would need to be done.

Go for it? Or wait for another big Homelite or Mac to come along?

I’m trying (hard) to resist the urge to become a collector. My (made up) reason for looking at a saw like this would be wearing a longer bar than my ms362cm for the few times I might actually need it.

The saw itself is not pretty in the pics. Quite a bit of missing paint. Nice looking sprocket nose 30” Homelite bar. Seller says it “runs when it wants to” so I’m figuring some carb and/or ignition work would need to be done.

Go for it? Or wait for another big Homelite or Mac to come along?
Never worry about paint! White death isn't a deal breaker for me as long as its not in the case. Easy to work on carb and fuel lines (best to remove the 5 bolts on fuel tank, 3 along the bar and 1 behind recoil and the handle ) to get at tank nipple, use caution when trying to remove the nipple as it may have some buildup around it and it will shear at the 5/16 nut. Besides removing the tank exposes the area where plenty of junk likes to hide.

This one happens to say, “convertible drive” on the tank, and “direct drive” on the clutch cover. If I understand correctly, these could be converted to gear drive?

Does that make it any more or less desirable?

This one happens to say, “convertible drive” on the tank, and “direct drive” on the clutch cover. If I understand correctly, these could be converted to gear drive?

Does that make it any more or less desirable?
Only if it has the actual planetary gear drive clutch cover

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Back