Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't worked on a saw in about a month, been doing other things. Today I installed an electric radiator cooling fan system in my Kia Sportage. Done away with the mechanical fan system. I like it a lot better, it works. Was a job installing it though. Started a 4 and was done by 9 this evening.

Steve Sidwell

I started my day by working on my friends Cub Cadet LTX1040, solenoid was crap and the starter was jammed up.
Replaced the solenoid, took apart the starter and cleaned it up. Rebuilt the carb and charged the battery, purrs like a kitten.
Next came a Craftsman chainsaw my wifes boss needed fixed so I replaced the fuel lines, rebuilt the carb and cleaned up the flywheel and coil now shes a runner!

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

We started out working on the Whites Field Boss 2-30, brake drums full of diff lube. Seal on both sides leaking. Trying to find seals have proven to be a pain to find. Found a full kit to do both side but no, don't fit ours. $260 also seemed kind of high also.

Steve Sidwell

How's it going Brandon, got any new lawnboys to post up?

Steve Sidwell

I’ve been pretty good but busy. I’m working on the same ones. I rebuilt one yesterday but the coil was bad so I put it back together without the coil and I’ll have to order one. Tomorrow I probably will fix another weedeater and blower to put up for sale and then back to lawn boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got to figure out what's going on with my Husqvarna split boom trimmer. Primer bulb will pull air and fuel in to carb. Lines off and supply side plug it pulls air. Everything inside carb looks great. Two years old and having problems already. Third one I've had and this ones out of warranty. May just replace the carb instead messing with this one some more.

Steve Sidwell

Is a running Homelite Zip in “presentable” condition worth $75?

I would need to see pictures, but honestly they are so common and cheap most of the time one in good or great running cosmetic Condition would probably bring $75-$100

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

The one I posted a few days ago was pristine and I got it for $45.
3a7463b17f21690cc51a0fdb4d52cddf.jpg

Guy local wants $100 or best offer for this saw, offered him $40 he's thinking about it but I won't go higher. Looks like a Comet, I have a D58.
8fadb1f817e294cef4ca686128fc22c9.jpg
5ed96ad5d4663ce42593f2f9526d634b.jpg
68cee22b17ea6dd2582f86b67ee993da.jpg

The one that is for sale (first picture) looks to be a gear drive. Note that the centerline of the crank is offset from the sprocket.
Might be worth picking up. Gear drives are lots of fun.

I’m just now starting to work on a few saws now. I picked up 6 echo weedeaters, a Stihl blower and a Honda push mower. So now I’m trying to hurry and get those up for sale before the season ends. I picked up a free air compressor for my garage. I think it may just have a bad drain valve but I will have to see. I had to take the big air compressor because it was all or none. The big compressor doesn’t seem to pump air good when you turn the flywheel, so maybe it’s worn out or needs a valve. The smaller compressor is the one I really wanted.
e34e62ac7caf05ce8a2fb435d326ceae.jpg
ea1aa0678b3c093ddc1b4cd90bef28aa.jpg

Is that a 2 stage pump? Bigger the compressor the better. They aren't too hard to repair.

Steve Sidwell

Both are single stage. The smaller one is all I have room for. It’s the biggest compressor I can run on my wiring too. I’m pretty much limited to 120V 15 amp. I don’t use much air. I probably could get by just fine one my little 3 gal crapsman air compressor but free is an excuse to get a bigger one.

Back