• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Vintage Chainsaw Collectors Lounge

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
NIP Group
LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
pastryguyhawaii

pastryguyhawaii

ArboristSite Guru
Dang man those are nice!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
Wow that’s some real good work. That’s be real cool for displaying saws too... as long as the glass is strong enough
Thank-you. It would make a nice display for some small saws. I wouldn't mind a few saws showcased in the house but the boss might think otherwise.

LonestarStihl

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite

Oldest son (6) has been working on this homelite xl. It’s his first real project saw. He has started others in the past but this is the farthest we’ve gotten together with one. Gotta get a carb kit and change out some fuel lines. Anyone happen to have an air filter laying around? It literally crumbled apart in my hand...I thought it was oily dust cluster at first lol. Also gotta get a new chain for it because him and his brother ground 2 cutters completely off

Marine-piper

Marine-piper

Homelite collector in training.☠
You can buy a pc of foam at any craft store and make one, it's very small anyway. If you still have the aluminum keeper it makes a great template.

Homelite collector in training

Brent Adams

Brent Adams

ArboristSite Operative
Nice Pioneer! Like the look of those.
Lone Star, those little Homelites are cool little economy saws. Pretty simple, once you learn what to take off and in what order to get them in and out of their cases. Make sure there is a limiter in the oiler tank impulse line. Older ones had a piece of porous brass or aluminum that the duckbill valve slips over. Newer ones have a plastic barb with a tiny hole in it. You can see it when you take the oil cap off. Its near the top of the tank. Without the duckbill valve and the limiter, it will give oiling problems. There is another site if you google homelite parts. He has manuals and IPLs that he allows you to download. This may help you some with the kids project.
Dont think I'm supposed to give out names of other sites for some reason, but maybe you can look up member undee77 on here.