Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all! Long time no talk. Been busy lately with trying to do that thing called graduate college and that has been a bit of a time hog. Been getting more and more into welding as well so that drains most of the funds that used to go to saws. Haven't missed anything in my saw world and by world it's nonexistent. Ran a saw about 6 times this entire year... all for trimming limbs, and mostly the pole saw. Instead of running vintage saws this summer I was busy running a John Deere 4000 and a Allis Chalmers All Crop combine for a research project with the engineering department at school. Pretty fun but a lot of work at times. Trying to get a little more into saws time permitting, but did just order a intake boot today so hopefully I can get another saw out of the box and usable. Still have lots of project saws that I hope to start tearing into at some point this next year. Gota wrap up the vintage lathe I bought first though, taking far more time than anticipated, but should be good for saw parts in the future. Sorry I haven't been able to keep up on the forum as of late, I do miss talking to this group quite a lot.

Happy New Years fellows.

What’s a ballpark price range on a like new 070? There’s one for sale locally that I’m eying up.
Well, that's a good question. $500? I'm sure I'm way off, but I would imagine that the clones drag the prices down a bit.

Will a Clinton two stroke go cart engine fit a Clinton chainsaw engine.?

Well they all started out as lawnmower engines. [emoji848]

b8983902fdb3f09980840c88f5e21ec8.jpg

IDK, really.

How does one determine that?

I don’t know enough about the 070 but I’d imagine it may have to be a hands on inspection to look for Stihl part numbers on cylinder and such. I hate clones for so many reasons. Just makes life harder. But I do believe Stihl still makes the 070 in Brazil or something I can’t recall. I’ll see if I can find the guy who was selling a couple new

Actually who really knows anymore, outsource it to some 3rd world country and bring it home slap a [emoji631] on it and no one is the wiser.
I see it all the time as a trucker, containers full of their crap and they just repackage it.

Homelite collector in training [emoji879]

Latest posts

Back