Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far everything is going well here in Bostwick, just so dang hot. Rain has helped some but not much. Ran the saw some Sunday along with the pole saw. Trimming lower branches on all my cedar trees.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
Hope you find that good woman.

You guys know anything about a Clinton D55? A guy I know has one but it’s pretty rough.
I have a D65 Super and it's not bad, just need to finish the painting.

9711cad377e01b9067f7d0fdcf32676f.jpg
64bf0744a5648f73bb0cc2b3391c3588.jpg
45149afebf7db45b61f1417125726d0f.jpg
00dd5521be20ef05b47bd9a4ef1c0194.jpg

Homelite collector in training! [emoji879]

My only "no named" saw is a Comet D58 and it's quite impressive w/ an AH58 95cc engine. It was converted prior to me to a .404 pitch chain so that's a plus.
I have a video of it running from the day got it so it's time to make a new one.

7294110ce26f0c73014d7aa119e0af3c.jpg
169bd72f183b321f1765d0eb6cda3c88.jpg

This is my 1st attempt at painting a saw and I didn't use one of my Homelites because I wanted to get a good handle on it.

Clinton Super D65, waiting to blast the fuel tank, paint and apply the new decals, thanks again Joe (SCS) for all the great looking decals.
a55ec254da83f5118d34ac33dd5ca91d.jpg

Good morning guys! Long time no chat, not very active on here as you can see. Don't get much time to spend on saws. Here's the latest find I got this summer. Good old J Red 670! Originally went to this sale to pick up a Homelite 360, but seeing as I already have a 350 and not a Jonsered this followed me home instead. Lived a somewhat rough life, I think the last owner roached the top end by leaving the chain brake on, but it got fixed and it has a brand new top end in it. Maybe has two tanks of gas in it? Looking forward to getting a bar and chain figured out on it and getting it dogged in some wood.

Attachments

• IMG_20200815_172202_874.jpg
    IMG_20200815_172202_874.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 17
Good morning guys! Long time no chat, not very active on here as you can see. Don't get much time to spend on saws. Here's the latest find I got this summer. Good old J Red 670! Originally went to this sale to pick up a Homelite 360, but seeing as I already have a 350 and not a Jonsered this followed me home instead. Lived a somewhat rough life, I think the last owner roached the top end by leaving the chain brake on, but it got fixed and it has a brand new top end in it. Maybe has two tanks of gas in it? Looking forward to getting a bar and chain figured out on it and getting it dogged in some wood.

Nice find!

It's ashame that Husky killed Jred off. I was lucky to get a new Jred blower at TS on clearance for $50 when I did. They basically got pushed down to home owners stuff and killed. Like that red better than orange and I do have some orange in the barn.

Steve from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

So living in Canada sometimes sellers in the US don't want to ship here.I am lucky that i live close to Alaska and have a friend there.
But then Covid hit.In the winter she usually brings me the box's
Fortunately my business imports 20' containers through Alaska.I also deliver fuel so i am considered essential and critical allowing me to go to Alaska as part of my business.So i got to retrieve about 8 months of packages.
covid pile2.jpgcovid pile.jpg

covid pile 3.jpg

So living in Canada sometimes sellers in the US don't want to ship here.I am lucky that i live close to Alaska and have a friend there.
But then Covid hit.In the winter she usually brings me the box's
Fortunately my business imports 20' containers through Alaska.I also deliver fuel so i am considered essential and critical allowing me to go to Alaska as part of my business.So i got to retrieve about 8 months of packages.
View attachment 848987View attachment 848988

View attachment 848989
very jealous of those big PM gear drives!

very jealous of those big PM gear drives!
I have 4 of the last models of gear drives PM made, just a few more spaces to fill.
Not intending to make anyone jealous, i got a couple of their big saws and loved the way they looked so i decided to try and get the complete PM Canadien lineup.
Plus they were a west coast company,and spell canadien the right way.
Got lucky and 3 out of the 4 have nice pistons and cylinders.Parts are scarce especially the big cc's

I have 4 of the last models of gear drives PM made, just a few more spaces to fill.
Not intending to make anyone jealous, i got a couple of their big saws and loved the way they looked so i decided to try and get the complete PM Canadien lineup.
Plus they were a west coast company,and spell canadien the right way.
Got lucky and 3 out of the 4 have nice pistons and cylinders.Parts are scarce especially the big cc's

I like the way they look too, and the fact they were built basically in my back yard doesn't hurt. They seem to be really hard to find here though. I once passed on one of the 123cc ones that was seized, but in hindsight I should have bought it.

20200308_164700.jpg

I like the way they look too, and the fact they were built basically in my back yard doesn't hurt. They seem to be really hard to find here though. I once passed on one of the 123cc ones that was seized, but in hindsight I should have bought it.

View attachment 851349
Nice job...
Here is my nicest one in original trim 385.This one is basicly unused,but suffered some storage rash.

Attachments

• 137.JPG
    137.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 43
Back