Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Survey--Do any of you old saw guys-girls?? collect toy chainsaws or old saw ads,manuals etc ??? David ---I do
I haven't gotten much into the saw trinkets, I'd like not too for the present as well haha. Have enough of a problem collecting old saws. Definitely like collecting old saw ads and manuals. Haven't come across anything locally except for a old Clinton operators manual. I try not to go on ebay and search because I know that is a slippery slope.

You been working on any vintage saws lately David? Just got back to putzing with mine after my incident over thanksgiving. Got my PM 10-10 back to a good running condition last week. Fired up the homie ez and the craftsman 2.3 also the other day. Probably going to start tearing into my other 10 series parts saw shortly here and get it running and try to figure out where I'm going on my makita chainsaw build project. Trying to get some of em figured out and running well for the spring. Debating on trying to get myself some more side work cleaning up storm damage from this past fall.

Glad to see you're still around David, bet you've be glad when this rain moves out also. I think we have plenty, creek still out of the banks on our place.
e3614d205d0bc86e60235d1babcd68ce.jpg
5eac513257512fe0fbb96cb6f66f91c6.jpg
795949add2b6336362131a908a7370af.jpg

Steve

Boy that is some high water you got down there Steve! Been a pretty wet one this winter so far for me up in Minnesota as well. Had a little snow early on this fall but then nothing really at all after that. Had a lot of rain end of last week, instead of pushing snow, I was pushing water around the driveway. Yuck.
Nothing has really been stopping me with my leg. Back to climbing ladders (inside this time) and hanging drywall. Went in a week or two ago and got the ok to go back to wearing work boots and taking it easy. It's still a little tender but I think I'm doing pretty well for being back to doing most of what I was doing before the break which was just over a month ago now.

Think I got my Poulan 5200 sorted out now. Was having trouble getting the carb to set correctly so I rebuilt a spare I had and that fixed the problem. Oil was leaking between the pump housing and seal, swapped out pump with a spare and installed same seal, so far it's not leaking. Just have to make a muffler gasket for it now to fix the exhaust leak.

Steve

I do collect mostly McCulloch bling, I will try to have everything on display when I get my new building built. A few examples:

DSC00806.JPG
DSCN4142.jpg

McBling1.jpg

DSC02412.JPG
PICT0014.JPG

PICT2063.JPG

PICT0006.JPG

I have as much literature and other documentation as I can lay my hands on as well. As a by-product of the Higby auction I now have a large collection of Homelite documents including IPL's, manuals, price lists, and some literature as well.

Mark

I do collect mostly McCulloch bling, I will try to have everything on display when I get my new building built. A few examples:

View attachment 694023
View attachment 694024

View attachment 694025

View attachment 694026
View attachment 694027

View attachment 694028

View attachment 694029

I have as much literature and other documentation as I can lay my hands on as well. As a by-product of the Higby auction I now have a large collection of Homelite documents including IPL's, manuals, price lists, and some literature as well.

Mark

Very cool bit of history there and saved for generations to come.
Nice job Mark. And happy new year

Erik

The clutch itself is the same as used on any of the RH start saws. So, any gear drive 10 Series, any RH start 10-10, and any 1-10 through 6-10 which are all RH start saws as well. The clutch drum is unique to the gear drive 10 Series saws (2-10G, 5-10G, LG6, etc.) since the gear on the drum engages the idler gear in the gearbox.

Mark

Mark
Thank you so much for that info! Hopefully I can get this beast up and running again soon. Could be an interesting journey since the last person who owned it had some rather "creative" ideas. Like half the muffler cover has been torn off with what looks like tin snips.

Back