Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green would have been nice. But I just carry home what I stumble across that looks in good shape for not much money.

I wonder if there's not a pleated paper filter somewhere that might fit.
Maybe a leaf blower filter.

My little triples.
84ea94bf74b8d7650bbc86db5c21cf57.jpg
f3bf4d87ed9387166bc3591a207fac0b.jpg
eebef9d8c8126c1156e2646b78df2704.jpg
c4ad6279c74d260b657a539f73207555.jpg
1592c7e69f39daf1edf03eedd74ce66a.jpg

Steve

My Super XXV DA, before I found the piston and cylinder was damaged. Did get to run on a prime. It's sitting in pieces in a box right now.
b250e1ac3e57f07a9258a343688ee4af.jpg
42f8b05bcedf86a12d535af761cd8ae2.jpg

Steve
Are rebuild parts for these hard to find?
I'd like to overhaul the bigger Craftsman. It's getting oil in the cylinder, but I haven't taken it apart yet. Didn't want to do anything until I got all the parts together. And can't get the muffler off to look inside without drilling the top of the bolt off.

Foam for the handles? I used some upholstery foam. Looks identical to what you can buy as a filter element. Should be able to get a chunk for free even at an upholstery shop. Not sure about rebuild parts on them. I think its mostly finding another parts saw, which usually isn't too hard since a lot of parts interchange. Gaskets might be harder to find.

Got a few of these also, only two running, haven't looked at the other two yet. Not counting a big old Homelite bow saw and top handle I haven't looked at yet either.
33efbc405322657a70c9e7c089e7c954.jpg
7e2aed61bba78f2968463f00643f14d2.jpg

Steve
I saw one of these for sale, but with the AV mounts.
It was beat all to heck and had the plug pulled and it didn't look good on the inside either.
And they still wanted forty bucks!

Foam for the handles? I used some upholstery foam. Looks identical to what you can buy as a filter element. Should be able to get a chunk for free even at an upholstery shop. Not sure about rebuild parts on them. I think its mostly finding another parts saw, which usually isn't too hard since a lot of parts interchange. Gaskets might be harder to find.
Yeah. Foam wrap for the front grab handle.

The Poulans look to have it, but the Craftsmans just have black paint.

Think I might try some old garden hose. Or some leather laced on it.

I saw one of these for sale, but with the AV mounts.
It was beat all to heck and had the plug pulled and it didn't look good on the inside either.
And they still wanted forty bucks!
Yikes, someone is crazy. All of my top handles were given to me. My special one is this one, was my late preacher's and close dear friend.
efca7a3a6f6e24cb8cf4f7258a7330ac.jpg

Steve

Did Homelite ever use green on any of their old big saws, 900 or 800 series?
And chrome trim around starter cover air fins.
Steve
Yes, the 850, 870, and 875 had metallic green acvents with a red orange chassis, and the XL-902 AM had the same green but was the later red instead of the red orange

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Yeah. Foam wrap for the front grab handle.

The Poulans look to have it, but the Craftsmans just have black paint.

Think I might try some old garden hose. Or some leather laced on it.
I'll have to dig up a photo of what I did, but I covered my PM 10-10 handle with a strip of EPDM, could use any sort of rubber too, that what I had around though. Looks pretty good to me, and it adds grip and antivibe to the front handle.

What's up everyone? Been quiet on here. Haven't had much going on with saws lately because of school and my job. I did have an exciting buy this past week. Finally got a good set of dolmar/makita cases for my long winded makita project. Many thanks to @Dahmer for telling me about them! Hopefully will get some parts ordered up this week and start the rebuilding process shortly.

Latest posts

Back