Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
989d51d17feff8323a4dd09049743e3d.jpg

Any other saws under 45cc have an adjustable oiler?
ae3e790eadbd297be1059a3e3fd31c54.jpg
Nice saw! I have or have had most saws that I want but I really would like a 302.

Mac d 44. Got it back up and running after siezed from sitting in someone barn.
I need to pull carb and clean. Think the low side jet is gummed up. Cant seem to get a tune on low side.
d3c571cb1401fc959c4ccc79a2a89c94.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Mac d 44. Got it back up and running after siezed from sitting in someone barn.
I need to pull carb and clean. Think the low side jet is gummed up. Cant seem to get a tune on low side.
d3c571cb1401fc959c4ccc79a2a89c94.jpg

Nevermind I see now, yeah I would pull it off and get the varnish out of it, I've rebuilt lots of those HL carbs, they aren't too bad to work on, just be sure you use everything that comes in the kit cause you can't miss and match old with new.

That's a fine piece of history there, it was a revolutionary saw, first saw to use the Reed valves with third port induction which morphed into their Kart motors.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Yep, it's a Tilly, you said you rebuilt the carburetor?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
No not yet. Was thinking it may need to be cleaned but i wanna find a kit just incase i need one first. Nothing on ebay now

When you get it running, p rev it a lot to aggravate your fine neighbor. You install those t post yet with loose barb wire?[emoji38]

Steve
Oh iv had it runnin. She is definatly lound. Neighbours will just love it. Just need a log to make some cookies lol.
No t posts yet. He has been keeping to himself though which just fine with me lol.
He acually got his push mower out and trimed next to the rope i got on the property line.

Tillotson RK88HL kit will work for that, they are always on Ebay.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/222538615524
I suggest not using Chinese carbs or carb kits. I have had mixed results from them.
Have to agree on the mixed results however, I'd have to add it is worth a try... I have used Chinese (designed in Japan lol) carbs on Honda & B&S Mowers. Mid-range Stihl Blowers with mostly good results. But the bad results, Jury's out on whether it was the carb or not? I used a Zama replacement on my Husky Chainsaw & it did nothing & I couldn't be bothered doing anything to find an air leak somewhere. These replacement carbs are a quick fix when you need them I guess...

Btw, the pissy plastic jets found on original carbs on the commercial Honda GXV160 engines leave much to be desired. Most Honda's over the last decade? are built in China regardless...

We've got three old Honda's, all of course say made in Japan. My Honda genset was definitely made in Japan, it even has an old Honda Car Land sticker on it from the 80's. My Kohler v2 24hp says made in China, load of crap, but it runs well. American companies need to wake up.

Steve

Latest posts

Back