Vintage Chainsaw Museum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have definitely raised the bar for CAD enthusiasts. Going to be a tough act to beat . Congrats on your latest project. I sincerely mean that because I have to admire anyone who has the time and patience to bring those old Macs back to life the way you do. Your taking it to the next level by sharing your collection and knowledge with the general public.

I bet your local town folks are glad to see some new construction and a new attraction being added to the business district.

So what comes afterwards when the building is done and stocked with all those pretty Macs. Let me guess billboards along the nearest interstate. Just kidding . I do want to say good luck and if Mrs. Ax and I take our trip out to see the Golden Gate bridge next year I will probably be stopping by to check out your museum.

Larry

Sorry for my slacking keeping you up to date, life has been busy. As you will see in the following photos, Iowa weather can be somewhat variable this time of the year.

16 November

20181116_073526.jpg

23 November, contractor had to move one of the tile inlets that will direct the runoff from the roof to the storm sewer, this one ended up right in the middle of the door way.

20181123_123655.jpg

27 November, progress on the trusses and sheathing.

20181127_160924.jpg

28 November, we had a dusting of snow. Trusses are almost all up an they are getting ready to put the decking in the attic.

20181128_132631.jpg

20181128_132642.jpg

30 November, starting to take some shape. I hope to see the dormers framed up and the rest of the sheathing on next week.

20181130_121846.jpg

Decking up in the attic. I will have a lot of storage space up there.

20181130_121918.jpg

Additional decking in the area of the dormers, you can also see where the drop down ladder will be. This is in the shop area. I do believe the structure will be very stout.

20181130_121949.jpg

Mark

Mark, I’m just going to wait until you have the building ready to send that David Bradley Sears & Roebuck Saw so that you don’t have to find a place to store it until the museum opens.

Thanks Dahmer - I am getting pretty full so space is really becoming an issue in the current shop. I put up one of those mini pallet rack style shelving units this week to get a few saws up off the floor and make room for more stuff acquired from the going out of business shop like partial rolls of chain, some additional bars, sharpening paraphernalia, etc.

Mark

Back