Vintage Chainsaw Museum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted a bit of this in the vintage chainsaw lounge thread, thought I might as well go all out here rather than cluttering up that thread.

I have a very understanding wife, and we have been blessed by God so when I proposed that I needed (wanted) to build a building to display my saws and a better workshop area for mechanical/welding/machine shop so my home garage and workshop could go back to woodworking and home repairs she agreed.

I found a city lot just down the block from my house, the lot is 25 x 140' so my building will be 23 x 118' and include a display area, library/office/kitchen/break room, and my new workshop. There will be a short driveway off the alley to the large overhead door to the shop area.

I put this display out during our "Watermelon Day" celebration in August.

1.JPG
2.JPG

3.JPG
4.JPG

Work was started recently.

20180904_172916_001.jpg

The water line is in place now.

20180904_173035.jpg

Preparing for the footings and frost wall. I will not have any basement or crawl space (very high water table in this small town) but I will have the attic space mostly finished to expand my storage.

20180906_193634.jpg

They have been keeping busy.

20180910_074230.jpg

They even found a sewer line from the previous building so I am now tied in to the city sanitary sewer.

20180910_170423.jpg

To minimize water issues, the building will have tile all around and be tied in to the storm sewer running under the street.

20180910_170001.jpg

The plumbers just got started today, I will have radiant in floor heat throughout the building and air conditioning for the warmer months. The shop end will include a trough drain in front of the drive in door and a separate "mini split" for air conditioning and a touch of heat when the radiant floor heat is not needed.

As noted, the building will be divided into three sections, the main display in the front just off Main Street, a library/kitchen-break room/office space in the middle, and the workshop on the other end adjacent to the alley that runs down the middle of the block. My 3D printer will be located in the office space so I can keep cranking out 10 Series sawdust screens and more recently the "collars" the clamp the wrap handles to the fuel tank on the CP125, SP105/125 saws. I will have some vintage magazines in addition to IPL's, literature, and other documents in the library area. At some point I will put out a request for anyone that has additional items that could be added to the library.

Mark

Fantastic Mark! Looking forward to seeing progress pics.

Those small NWT Mac's from the 80's are still for sale in the shop up here, if you ever want to add them to your collection just let me know and I can see if he will make a deal.

I never really took a liking to Spotted Cow but many friends say it is their favorite beer. Maybe it doesn't taste as good when smuggled into MN :)

Well, I had to look Spotted Cow up on the internet but it sure sounds good!!!!!

Ha!! The New Glarus Brewery has a cult-like following and they don't sell outside WI, so it's kinda a big deal for beer guys. Some bar in MN got busted for selling it actually, they were driving across the border and getting kegs ;) It made the news around here.

Ha!! The New Glarus Brewery has a cult-like following and they don't sell outside WI, so it's kinda a big deal for beer guys. Some bar in MN got busted for selling it actually, they were driving across the border and getting kegs ;) It made the news around here.
That one place in (Plymouth or Maple Grove??) got into some deep do-do for doing that LOL

Back