Vintage Chainsaw Museum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do believe Mrs. Heimann has really embraced my passion, she bought this shirt for me.
Mark

LMAO Please tell me that's a throwback to "The Jerk"?!

All I need is this 10-10, that's all I need! ...and this Super XL. All I need is this 10-10 and this Super XL that's all I need! ...and this Partner. All I need is...

Hey Mark, got a new line for your museum
da60d97876006feb121b85135c4e03fb.jpg
cfb5bcbcd5e6a1bc0d0327f2c17975cd.jpg

Airway oxygen masks for animals, had em for years and finally noticed the maker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am starting to arrange the 33/35/39 model saws and variants in the museum now. Not sure if this is final but at least they are all cleaned up and moved over.

20200309_184222.jpg

20200309_201913.jpg

The D-36 on the top shelf is actually the same vintage as the 33/35/39 saws. Interesting that they had such widely varying designs in production at the same time.

By the way, that is a LeSabre on the bottom shelf, like the 33/35 power head but laid on its side to make a (left hand bar) direct drive saw as shown in a previous post.

Mark

Yes, it is a 35 with a drill attachment and a genuine Jacobs chuck. Someone brought a 1" auger bit to a gathering in Wisconsin, stalled the clutch even boring in a chunk of an old soft poplar log...

IMAG2293 (640x361).jpg

The other drill has a spur gear reduction unit on it. That one starts and runs perfectly, as does the direct drive drill unit.

20200211_112204.jpg

Mark

that's amazing....I've seen pictures of a Homelite power head running a circular saw, but the chainsaw power drill is really something. especially the unit with the gear reduction, that seems a little scary if it came out of your hands.

Thanks for telling me where to look for the latest on the Museum!!! Did you ever get the scratcher chain you were needing? I have a loop or two.--Ray

Latest posts

Back