Vintage Chainsaw Museum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, you're helpful even when just doing your thing. I hate taking bars off my saws. Most of mine have their original bars on them. Think I'll try the cross bar pattern on the shelves. That gives some space to display small stuff with out blocking the saw. It never fails that I want to take a 100CC saw down, with a 36" bar, and have to move 6 other saws to get to it.

We are planning a road trip to Tulsa from MD. Taking a Southern route out, and a Northern route home. I'm going to see if we are running close enough to swing by.

Any and all are welcome to visit any time. I have around 150 saws and such on display now and trying to increase that number each week as I get them cleaned up and ready. Check in advance to make sure I am available.

Mark

c6e7f8a19822c78f4b201d3c4ba4d977.gif

Road trip!

I managed to get a few more cleaned up in preparation for moving over to the museum. I also spent some time going through the Homelite IPL's and Service Bulletins getting them arranged is a fashion to make them more practical to use...I'll try to remember and get some photos to post up soon.

20200327_135154.jpg

Mark

Mark-- Are you going to be home mid week or later--Thought I might come up and see the progress and bring a few things that might be good to display.---Ray Heimann

I have not done a good job of keeping things up to date in this thread. I cleaned up all of the 600 Series saws (610, 605, Timber Bear, etc.) and have them more or less organized in the shelves now. I have also put up a few more non saw McCullochs including a pump, hand held blower, back pack blower, and a string trimmer and have another brush cutter hung from the ceiling.

20200531_143017.jpg

20200602_130307.jpg

I have also done a little work on my "John Higby" corner. John was a local power equipment dealer and I helped his widow some with his left over chainsaws and related equipment after he passed away. She in turn gave me a number of Homelite documents, some saws, and other related items including this display racks. He was a Stihl dealer after Homelite so there is some Stihl stuff on display as well.

20200602_130128.jpg

Here are some interesting items related to chain repair and sharpening.

20200602_130137.jpg

20200602_130144.jpg

Mark

I have moved a few more saws for sale into the new shop, and have some clutter left over from the display materials.

20200531_162422.jpg

The attic has received a few packages as I finish up a series (300 Series, 600 Series, 32/35/38cc, etc.).

20200531_162305.jpg

And thank to Definitive Dave I have a partial roll of 7/16 pitch McCulloch chain on the original plastic spool in the shop area.

20200605_082712.jpg

Mark

Great to see the progress Mark! I've sponsored a young hot shoe sprint car driver who will be running Jackson MN and Knoxville IA once things get rolling again. Hope to stop by on a Sunday sometime soon on a return trip to Sconnie!

I am trying to get some of the saws organized the way I want them long term, starting with the 10 Series family. The 4th row down is the 82 cc line up except for the CP80DX which is on the left end of the 2nd row. I am still missing a few models as I only have the 2-10G and Super LG6 for gear drive models on hand.

20200620_171406.jpg

I picked up another welder on my recent trip to Oregon, this one included the case for the leads and the rectifier to convert the AC output to DC. That is a moped engine McCulloch built for AMF just above the welder.

20200620_171424.jpg

I have room for more if I ever manage to set aside some time to get them cleaned up and moved over.

20200620_171444.jpg

Mark

It is interesting to see the differences between the two chargers, one has a 12/24 volt switch and leads with clamps like jumper cables, the other has an ammeter and the plug for the Lear jet. It also has what looks like a standard 120 volt cord receptacle but appears to be wired directly to the alternator. So many changes in such a short time.

Mark

Latest posts

Back