• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Vintage Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the OP mention his budget of $150 - $200, and that Husky is in fairly good condition, I am going to assume you will want the full $200 for that one. One thing the OP didn't mention was which currency he intended to use. I am going to assume (again) that since he is in our beloved great blanc nord, he was talkin' canuk buks.

If the OP goes for the Husky, I mite be interested in the 036 - but only for the lower end of the price range. Say... $155 (canadian)
You got it buddy :laughing:.
Edit; He didn't have that in there when he initially posted the thread ;).
I did start a thread for that one.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-036-pro-never-fired.324715/
That still still looks nice! Can’t believe ain’t gone yet!
Thanks CB, I'm surprise you didn't grab it up yet, I still have your address :). But you better hurry, the Canadians are on to it lol.
I just got a Jonsered 625 here in Canada. I am looking for something like a Craftsman 3.3 or a Husky 51 or something in that range. I would go up to $200USD
Thanks!
I'll quote it so it doesn't get change on me again lol.
Those 625's are a tough older saw!
Only saws I have in that price range are an 026 probably needs the carb done, and a little craftsman like the poulan 2.0, but it didn't have a brake here in the states like yours did.
I could get close with this beasty poulan.
I have a clutch cover with a break for it too.

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 11.30.44 PM.png

https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-036-pro-never-fired.324715/

Thanks CB, I'm surprise you didn't grab it up yet, I still have your address :). But you better hurry, the Canadians are on to it lol.

Only saws I have in that price range are an 026 probably needs the carb done, and a little craftsman like the poulan 2.0, but it didn't have a brake here in the states like yours did.

View attachment 677987

That's a nice 3750. Let me know what I would have to do to get it here.
Thanks

View attachment 677987
I’ve thought about it but leaning towards a 241 to play with after first of year. Picked up an ol homelite xl red for free other day. Have a good evening chipper1

PM sent on 268 Anniversary Edition for $200!
:D:happybanana::dumb::lol::laughing::rock2:
Didn't I give you a chance at that one, just not for 2 bills lol. It ended up not to far away from you in Indiana.
Hey get in line buddy - there's 2 frozen canadians ahead of you!
You all are lazy, your supposed to get your wood cut years ahead :laugh:.
But if you are interested in the 036, it's yours for $160 (canadian), as $155 (canadian) is as high as I can go on that Steel
Just to be sure no-one thinks it as Dave was disrespectful, we've talked in PM's and had a very nice conversation :). As said above he added the price he was willing to pay after there were a few saws posted. Maybe he was surprised some of the offerings were so nice :sweet:.
I’ve thought about it but leaning towards a 241 to play with after first of year. Picked up an ol homelite xl red for free other day. Have a good evening chipper1
Ran my ported 241 yesterday, sure wish I would have had the ms201cm rear handle, the 241 is not the best saw to prune overhead with one hand :eek:.
If the two I listed last yr wouldn't have sold right away I would have sent one down there for you to play with:chainsaw:.

50/65cc for $200 Hard to find deals.

I just purchased a Stihl 041 running for $190.

I have come to the conclusion that shipping here is just too expensive. If I buy a 150$ USD saw I can expect to pay 150$USD in shipping and taxes.
If you can speak french, the province next door has loads of saws for sale. Maybe you could find someone there to ship you a saw. I have shipped a couple saws from Quebec to Ontario and it is about $50cdn

Back