Vintage Saws (and other stuff) at Stihl Factory in Virginia Beach!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fellas -

I'm temporarily in Norfolk, VA for work. Not too far at all from the Stihl factory in Virginia Beach. Ended up linking up with an AS member - @Stihl #1 - who happens to work for Stihl in their technician training department. Anyway, after going to his house to drool over his extensive collection, I took him up on his offer for a factory and museum tour. The factory tour was EPIC! They produce a few million units per year - chainsaws, blowers, trimmers, etc. But I don't have any pics.

However, I did take some pics of the Stihl museum there on the premises. Lots of cool stuff!

Scott

IMG_1546.jpg IMG_1548.JPG IMG_1553.jpg IMG_1555.jpg IMG_1556.jpg

Glad you enjoyed the tour Scott.
Alex I can't believe it has been 6 years since you came through Gold.
Time is going too fast...

Eddie -

The museum was fantastic, but I was even more impressed with the factory tour. I certainly have a greater appreciation of the domestically produced Stihl Oh Pee Eee (if you type OPE, you just get asterisks - WTH?).

Thanks again for taking the time to show me around. I really appreciate it.

Best,

Scott

Eddie -

The museum was fantastic, but I was even more impressed with the factory tour. I certainly have a greater appreciation of the domestically produced Stihl Oh Pee Eee (if you type ***, you just get asterisks - WTH?).

Thanks again for taking the time to show me around. I really appreciate it.

Best,

Scott
If you type those 3 letters in sequence it is the same as “the other site.” Taboo to mention here.

Glad you enjoyed the tour Scott.
Alex I can't believe it has been 6 years since you came through Gold.
Time is going too fast...
Eddie,
Yeah, time flies alright!
I still have my Gold school training book too.:hi:
Did you see my TS202 video?
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-ts200-find-rare-saw-ts202.295946/
I had to have a buddy remake (cnc) the cast belt drive pulley. The drive system is like the early TS50 friction spring in that slips over the chain sprocket.
Anyway.....Good to hear from you!
Get that shoulder fixed, man....
That, or spend $25,000 for a robotic saw starter, -(like the ones they test start new saws on the assembly line). Lol
By the way, you folks at Stihl dealers; Eddie, @Stihl #1 is the guy that designed and made those training manuals for the Stihl Tech Schools.
If you think that's easy, try to write in detail how to replace a pull rope.
Kudos

Eddie,
Yeah, time flies alright!
I still have my Gold school training book too.:hi:
Did you see my TS202 video?
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/stihl-ts200-find-rare-saw-ts202.295946/
I had to have a buddy remake (cnc) the cast belt drive pulley. The drive system is like the early TS50 friction spring in that slips over the chain sprocket.
Anyway.....Good to hear from you!
Get that shoulder fixed, man....
That, or spend $25,000 for a robotic saw starter, -(like the ones they test start new saws on the assembly line). Lol
By the way, you folks at Stihl dealers; Eddie, @Stihl #1 is the guy that designed and made those training manuals for the Stihl Tech Schools.
If you think that's easy, try to write in detail how to replace a pull rope.
Kudos

That TS202 is cute!

I saw the robotic saw starter at the factory -- that was pretty cool!

Back