Vintage saws used regularly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here or eBay.

That bow could have easily killed me. Fortunately my father taught me to stand to the side. Threw the saw over my head with my right arm completely outstretched. Only busted all my left hand knuckles and cut one on the chain deep enough for stitches. Ring finger used to noticeably overlap my pinky enough to serve as an ever present reminder. Last few years I have been stretching my pinky so the overlap is now similar to my right hand. Kind of wish I left it alone as I need reminding how quick things can go wrong with a chainsaw and inattention. Ron

That's good. Pro mac 800 parts are scarce on ebay, where would I get parts for mine, like the rubber mounts, gaskets etc? Any secret source you have?

I just get the part number from the IPL and google "McCulloch" with the number.

You should check out the MAC sticky in the chainsaw forum and ask your questions there. That is where the knowledge base resides. I am just a pip-squeak.

Ron

That's a pretty picture of the mountains, where are you located? Impressive your girl friend operating that big saw.

I live in British Columbia, Canada. That picture was taken up near Whistler. She's run a few of my large saws, they are pretty manageable once they are in the wood. Getting her to stand to the side and remember to manually pump the oil is the harder part.

Thanks I'll definitely check that out Rob. Give yourself more credit about the Macs and by your pictures you definitely know how to run em. But humble is cool.

Hey ML12 I hear you on that, but be thankful none the less. My wife wouldn't touch a chainsaw, and gets aggrivated with my fondness of them. I tell her you just don't understand how us guys brains work, we like tinkering with stuff and love running power tools.

I helped a buddy out today with some down trees on his property, ran the McCulloch Pro Mac 10-10 and the Homelite XL Super. He told me I could have the wood if I cut it up, it will be good firewood once split and seasoned.

Attachments

• 20170128_151553.jpg
    20170128_151553.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
Finished bucking it up using my Pro Mac 10-10, such a good running saw. Really enjoy using it, I got it off Craigslist for $35 bucks and it was barely broken in.

Attachments

• 20170128_175322.jpg
    20170128_175322.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back