• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Vintage Stihl 045AV, 460 Magnum, 066 Magnum, 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KB1LTG

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Here are some Stihl saws that have been stored in a workshop of a neighbor who can no longer use them due to age and injuries.

They were put up a few years ago with fuel (non- ethanol) in the tanks and oil in the bar oil tank. I have 1 side plate not shown for the 066 saws.

I Don't know what to ask for them so I will entertain offers and trades for a very small limbing saw, here are some photos.

Ill put photos of the 045AV up this afternoon when I get a minute.

I would also like trade for a quality, Husky or Stihl small rear or top handle limbing/trimming saw.

Stihl MS660 Magnum and MS660 power-heads
066-1.JPG 066m-1.JPG

Stihl 460 Magnum

461-1.JPG 461-2.JPG 461-3.JPG 461-4.JPG 461-5.JPG 461-6.JPG 461-7.JPG 461-8.JPG

The saws were used in a ranch environment and spent their lives in the back of a pickup truck.

I would hazard a guess that most of the wear marks and dings on them were from transportation, not to deny that they were used, but these were not used as milling or logging saws, firewood and fence clearing were their only function.

I love these old things, especially when someone, myself included, brings them back to life with a little TLC and attention to detail. Send me a note here or text me at 870-504-3388.

Jerry

I’m interested in the 460 if you gaurentee it runs. Please send me a price you’re thinking of. Thanks.

Steve

HI Guys,

Id like to sell both of the 066 saws together, that way whomever gets them will assuredly have enough OEM parts to very nearly get a nice saw out of the two , Im not sure how many parts they share, one being a flat top and the other not. I found a great sideplate and some felling dogs for the 066's. I know both photos show the saws without sideplates but I have a nice one. I am going to see if I cant find some bars over in the old barn today to send along with the saws. Can someone help here about common shared parts between the 066 and the 066 Magnum?

The proceeds from the sale go to buy a new saw for an 87 year old rancher who doesnt believe that anyone would want "Those old things", I am going to post an old 045AV he is giving me later this afternoon, same thing, luckily he is from the old school where you never throw anything away :) Thanks , the water has receded here and most everything is back to normal. I appreciate all the texts and notes. Best regards,

Jerry Honeycutt

Would be interested in the 045, so really would like to see the pics!
No problem, I will go get it in a few minutes, its sitting over in a dry hay barn. I have to poke around, I found this for the 066's lying in a box of tire tubes? sideplate.jpg

I loaned him a spare woods ported Husky 271 firewood saw yesterday, Im trying to convert the old boy but I think he is a confirmed Stihl fan, he commented on the chain adjuster on the Husky as being "Inconvenient", I love the saw but have to agree.....

Jerry, I made an offer on the 066 Flat top, I don't want both saws. I'm pretty good at finding parts :) Let me know to send money or if my offer is rejected. Thanks

Jerry, I made an offer on the 066 Flat top, I don't want both saws. I'm pretty good at finding parts :) Let me know to send money or if my offer is rejected. Thanks
Hi Patrick,

Just want to make sure this was you! Yes, the saw is on hold pending your acceptance of it after you see the piston photos, give me a bit to take them and send. Daughter was kind enough to drop off a flat for me to fix :)

So far—- no reply at all on my post about the 460 I’m interested in. Hmmmmmm ?

So far—- no reply at all on my post about the 460 I’m interested in. Hmmmmmm ?
Reading the post, the seller says
1. They are not his saws
2. The were put up a few years ago
3. They were stored with fuel in the tanks.
So with that info I would come to the conclusion that;
1.The seller knows no history of the saw.
2.The saws have not ran in years
3. Absolute best case the saws would need a complete fuel system rebuild.

Asking for a guarantee of a running saw is a bit far fetched. I'm sure the seller has had serious as-is offers on all of the saws.

1. They are not his saws

Asking for a guarantee of a running saw is a bit far fetched. I'm sure the seller has had serious as-is offers on all of the saws.

I’m sure the seller is thrilled with “ your “ reply to my post. I’m not. Selling an item, or at least trying to, deserves at a very minimum at least a reply to those that are interested in what you have to sell. No communication at all speaks volumes for what you are trying to unload.

1. They are not his saws

I agree 100% with Shawn's conclusions. Whomever buys them should have better than a rudimentary knowledge of Stihl servicing and wrenching. Having said that....If someone does not mind turning a few screws and doing a clean-up on some great old saws. Thanks Shawn.

Jerry

Latest posts

Back