• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Vintage Stihl 045AV, 460 Magnum, 066 Magnum, 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet making an offer would get you somewhere faster. I know few here like to play that game but if you do, you can scoop up some good deals while the rest are being ignored because there are folks who have already made an agreement on dollars and show they are serious buyers. I give those ones dibs first and if it falls through, grit my teeth with the tire kickers.

I feel it necessary to post my experience with the seller.

Long story short, made an offer, he accepted, sent my check, it got deposited, but "my" saw, the 460 mag, has not yet been delivered.

February 26th I made an offer, we communicated through text. He was very pleasant and helpful, we exchanged addresses etc.

March 2nd I sent my check to him.

March 7th I received a text that he recieved my check.

March 9th I see he deposited it, with his signature on the back.

Since then, communication has declined.. Ive been more than polite and understanding. Apparently, he had a surgery pop up which has delayed the shipment.

Though, multiple times he's said "it's packed up and will send tomorrow", or something to that effect.

Now, April 2nd, a month later, I can't get ahold of him and there's no sign of my saw showing up any time soon. Voicemail box full etc.

So, Jerry, if you are here anymore, I'd like the saw to be shipped, or my money refunded. I'm not angry, just bummed that I allowed myself to get duped.

Sorry you got burned. The RED flags went up for me when I told him I could offer more with seeing a few more pictures. Never happened. Then he proposes to sell the 066's together, I told him again send a few pictures - he never did. I called several times, left messages, texts & gave up. Figured someone locally must of offered more but in the end thought he could of told me hey your out, never a reply.

Sorry you got burned. The RED flags went up for me when I told him I could offer more with seeing a few more pictures. Never happened. Then he proposes to sell the 066's together, I told him again send a few pictures - he never did. I called several times, left messages, texts & gave up. Figured someone locally must of offered more but in the end thought he could of told me hey your out, never a reply.

Right, I may have had high hopes after such a good buying experience with Lone Wolf. You wouldn't think someone would come on to an arborist website to try to burn people. Crazy.

When you say, "check", did you actually send a real check? That's a major no no when buying anything used. I'm surprised someone got burned on here too. This is a place where I expect a good saw or the advertised saw when buying.

When you say, "check", did you actually send a real check? That's a major no no when buying anything used. I'm surprised someone got burned on here too. This is a place where I expect a good saw or the advertised saw when buying.

Yep, a check. I figure it wasn't any different than PayPal friends/family. :(

Yep, a check. I figure it wasn't any different than PayPal friends/family. :(
Well you are correct about that. I’m pretty trusting of people myself but I guess I really should just pay the small fee Incase something like this happens.

Edit: At least with some kind of electronic funds the seller has to have an account and then there bank account connected to that. Pretty easy to sit back and wait for a check and then deposit it.

Still, sorry for your misfortune

Talked to my brother who is a banker and there's nothing you can do other than small claims court. If you have his name start pestering him on social media. I wonder if something happened to him.

Back