• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Walbro carbs wt,ws,sds,hda,hdc tillotson hs zama c1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$7.20 on the ride and$25 on the HL $32.20 does that sound fair? I could have it sent out on Monday morning let me know thanks
It will need a kit I assume.? Just a question.. Nothing by it..fits bigger (c-72) Homey, and 1-70 Mac. I think. You know more

As far as knowing more about what fits what I've only been messing around with Saul's for about six or seven months now maybe but I do know that most of these carburetors that I picked up or quite a few of them rather have either new kits in them or our new carburetors all together. This hl-22 2 looks like it's never been installed before no gasket Left Behind very clean the only thing that makes me think that it might not be brand new is where the flat head screws have been turned and you can tell nothing's been hurt by them but you can tell what are you going to put this monster on.

As far as knowing more about what fits what I've only been messing around with Saul's for about six or seven months now maybe but I do know that most of these carburetors that I picked up or quite a few of them rather have either new kits in them or our new carburetors all together. This hl-22 2 looks like it's never been installed before no gasket Left Behind very clean the only thing that makes me think that it might not be brand new is where the flat head screws have been turned and you can tell nothing's been hurt by them but you can tell what are you going to put this monster on.
My 1-70 came out with either a Mac or Tilly, BUT, I have a (several) C-52's, and a newly aquired C-72 Homey. It's not getting fuel, though I pour down the gut and off we go. Kits in town here are $25. Be nice to have a couple HL series around.. All the butterflys are right.. Matter of changing **** around.. The research I did was, ... I looked at it.. I'll get back to ya.. Many thanks for your time.. I will get at least one. So hold that thought.. I'll PM you when my wife quits yelling.. Thanks again.. K

I'll drop a thought, but don't think I can take anymore shouting.. Just kidding... Shall do.. Thanks again. K
Picked up a 1-40 Mac today.. It's an HL series also.. Keep saving em.. So far we're up to a grand total of...(wait for it) 2, two. We'll put em the same shoebox. Thanks. K

I don't think it makes much difference but the carb is stamped HL 63 A..anyone have any input on this? Thanks.. KView attachment 640364

I'm not sure of your question but

If you are asking about Carbs for the old Mac saws here is what I've used and will interchange, from my Mac notes.

The tillotson HL63D, E, and A can be used interchangeable and use same kit and can also be used in place of the 87D, but the 87 D cannot be used to replace the 63A, D, E,
because the 87D does not have a choke butterfly inside the carb. (the choke assembly for the 87D carb is made on the saw air box)

And these Tillotson carbs can be used to replace the carbs that were made by McCulloch but a throttle linkage kit will be needed.
I seen some mod carb kits at chainsawyr.com every once in awhile for the old 1-40, 1-50, 250 series of Mac saws.

The 1-40, 1-50 series of Mac's came out with approx 3 different types of carb's during their production,
Tillotson 87D, HL63A, D, E and a carb made by McCulloch and I think maybe one type of carb referred to as a Bullfrog carb.(it's bottom looks like a bullfrog belly)The Tillotson carbs will bolt up and replace the Mac, bullfrog and flat back carbs with correct linkages.

The Tillotson carbs are user friendly to repair and service info and parts lists readily available at the Tillotson website, look at HL series carb.

I'm not sure of your question but

If you are asking about Carbs for the old Mac saws here is what I've used and will interchange, from my Mac notes.

The tillotson HL63D, E, and A can be used interchangeable and use same kit and can also be used in place of the 87D, but the 87 D cannot be used to replace the 63A, D, E,
because the 87D does not have a choke butterfly inside the carb. (the choke assembly for the 87D carb is made on the saw air box)

And these Tillotson carbs can be used to replace the carbs that were made by McCulloch but a throttle linkage kit will be needed.
I seen some mod carb kits at chainsawyr.com every once in awhile for the old 1-40, 1-50, 250 series of Mac saws.

The 1-40, 1-50 series of Mac's came out with approx 3 different types of carb's during their production,
Tillotson 87D, HL63A, D, E and a carb made by McCulloch and I think maybe one type of carb referred to as a Bullfrog carb.(it's bottom looks like a bullfrog belly)The Tillotson carbs will bolt up and replace the Mac, bullfrog and flat back carbs with correct linkages.

The Tillotson carbs are user friendly to repair and service info and parts lists readily available at the Tillotson website, look at HL series carb.
Okie, I was just lazy. Lot of that great info is readily available on line I'm sure.. My eyes aren't what they used to be, and my phone is the computer. The letters get smaller every day. Tether you say? I just can't seem to find a 6th grader to hook me up and show me how. Ain't it Grand!! I think we ran a deal for 2 HL carbs, and probably a kit or two for same..PM me the details and I'll see if I quit dragging my feet, and talk the $$'s out of Cindy. (SinSin).. Area code 99202.: a kit for a flatback too if you have one. Just a quick note. A place here in town has HL kits for $23+tax. I call it $25. Just saying.. Ain't an attempt to undermine, or low-ball. Anyway, at your convenience, give me a PM.. Thanks. K

Beetlejuice:
I do not sell kits. I just laid that info up from experience flogging the old Mac's. (from my saved notes)

The Tilloton carb kit for the HL63A, D, E and 87D (same kit for all) RK-88HL is $10 on ebay with free shipping and these kits works great. Be sure and clean the screen and also the sintered filter real good. Both filter can be clogged bad and not readily visible to the casual eye. They are finer grade than the gas tank filter is why they clog. Saw will act like it's starving for gas under heavy load when they are restricted..

I found it easier to remove the flatback carb and bullfrog and install the Tillotson HL type carb due to the price of the flatback kit and the Tillotson carb's are more user friendly.

Back