Walbro HD199 Fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We've all heard about the troublesome Walbro carbs on Husky 357 and 359s. I have a couple here that are acting up as well. I've heard of several people trying to fix these. Does anyone have the lowdown on how to do this? IIRC, it's related to the accelerator pump wearing out. How is this bypassed? I know how to do it on the 200T carbs, but not on this one.

I've talked to several Master Husqvarna technicians and none of them had an answer. A fix for these hasn't even been addressed at the Husky dealer meetings.
So I'm not sure. I threw the two junkers I have in a box thinking someday there may be an answer for them.

We've all heard about the troublesome Walbro carbs on Husky 357 and 359s. I have a couple here that are acting up as well. I've heard of several people trying to fix these. Does anyone have the lowdown on how to do this? IIRC, it's related to the accelerator pump wearing out. How is this bypassed? I know how to do it on the 200T carbs, but not on this one.

i used the zama, it now runs fine

What is odd is that the IPL of those carbs don't seem to show an accellerater pump? :msp_confused:

Here is a link on how to repair HDA 199. Haven't done one all my 199's are working good. Link deleted due to redirecting to a competing forum.
Shep

Last edited by a moderator:
Walbro supplies no part number for the accelerator pump kit on any of their HDA carbs that I can see. Shows on the IPL but there is no part number associated with it, so I assume they treat it as non-replaceable.

Back