Walbro HD199 Fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
back around p.17 treemonkey made a video on the fix. it is gone now. maybe you can get him to repost it.
It's a very easy fix. The problem from the beginning was just a bad carb kit from the factory. If yours has the clear blue plastic one, it needs the new kit that has the clear white one. All the new kits I've ordered for them recently are good ones. Do yourself a favour and get one that will tolerate the ethanol fuel. I hope that helps.

My 357xp ran fine with the blue diaphragm but I changed it anyway. The new kit had the amber diaphragm, not a clear white one. Can't say I've ever seen one o' those, btw. Oddly, the saw began exhibiting the symptoms described after I changed to the amber diaphragm. Haven't taken the time to figure out why, but plan on putting the blue diaphragm back in as a first step.

Saw won't idle correctly at all. Bogs horribly after idling most of the time it quits and needs a restart that takes 3 pulls and it won't rev over 12500rpm. I have tried adj and that is not it. New carb rebuild, fuel line/filter, air filter and plug. All was done according to tree monkey video and the hole was drilled on top cover of carb.

Take a look at that original diaphragm.
The center hole where the screw goes and then look at the 2 corners where the locating pins are.
Now I'd have to have the carb in front of me to know if the flaps would be far enough offset to leak.
Anyone else wondering if that was related to the problem?

Ask me how know, that it will keep your friends mower,
from running worth a hoot.

Back