Walkerized 346XP Redux

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokers

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi All, after being more impressed with this saw ever time I use it, I decided to look at the dyno sheets that John Walker provided with my saw. First John makes a baseline run before disassembly and then he makes a run after Walkerizing to trend and document performance enhancements. You will see a large discrepancy between the manufacturers published horsepower figures for this model and the figures John got with his dyno, but this is inconsequential when you consider that the manufacturer`s numbers are for marketing and John`s numbers are "as built". You will see similar disparity between the figures Gypo posted for his 026PRO, Walkerized and Stihl. The bottom line is that on the stock 346, peak horsepower was 2.79 @ 8497 rpm and is 3.76 @ 11,060 rpm Walkerized for a net gain of .97hp. The powerband of "near peak" hp was broadened by only 30 rpm but the fact that peak hp is 2563 rpm higher is significant in cutting speed. Take a look for yourselves and let me know what you think. Russ

CHECK THIS OUT!!!

Here`s the dyno data tha Gyro posted for his 026. Notice that the 346 has a solid half horsepower more than the Stihl after Walkering! One more reason I`m glad I went with the Husky.:D Russ

Hi Russ my Hp readings will differ from factory because the factory has perfect conditions for climat control and cervo operated controls. Ours is pretty hi tech but the feed is done by hand and you have so many other variables. This is why we do a base line run before doing the saws.
When we first got the dyno 5 years ago we tried for weeks to try and get Huskys readings and after a many conversations with the factory and the dyno people we realized we can not create the same conditions.

PS Im glad your happy cutting chips LOL

john W:)

russ - thats gotta be one helluva saw - i just drool over those rpms:blob2: also just comfirms what ive heard - you can take more power out of a husky motor than a stihl motor on average. ie. theres more potential. :)

Back