walkers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I have a question. Can you get a used saw Walkerized? Or do you they only work on new ones? I'm thinking of getting my 046 tuned this spring and would like to know if i the would do that considering my saw has had around 8 tanks of gas put through it.

thanks
confused

Yes, it is similar but Walkers goes one step further and also modifies the muffler where Madsens does not. Walkers costs a little more, and where Madsens gets about a 10-15% increase Walkers is usually good for 20-25%.
The you have Ken Dunn who modifes the saw to run on methanol and nitrous and rocket fuel:)

372 on nitromethane

Hello Huskyman,
I never thought about rocket fuel, Hummmm!!!. well our 372's get about 40-45 percent more power but they cost more than masden's or walker's. Now I wonder if you ran a modified 372 on alcohol,race fuel and nitromethane if it would cut faster than a 066 stihl. or use nitrus oxide. yea, that would work.
ken

hot, hot, saw

Hello Huskyman,
Well if we used a modified 372 husky and installed twin turbo's, used menthonal and nitromenthane, and a shot of nitrous we would probably be in the 30-35 hp range. now i think that would be faster than a 066 and would do a number on dennis's 2171 jonsered. course we would have to use uncle art's chain and get gypo logger to do the cutting.
ken kdhotsaw

Back