ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Walnut or something else?

dmb2613

dmb2613

Addicted to ArboristSite
I am not sure of the kind of tree[ I think a dead Sycamore ], but it is in bad condition and needs to come down, look at the split in the fork and it is hollow I expect

ATH

Addicted to ArboristSite
I am not sure of the kind of tree[ I think a dead Sycamore ], but it is in bad condition and needs to come down, look at the split in the fork and it is hollow I expect
Where are you seeing a split??? What leads you to suspect it is hollow? (Or dead?)

ATH

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'll go with Planetree.
It is the larger genus Platanus for sure. Not likely London Plane (Platanus x hispanica - some publications call it Platanus × acerifolia . either way that species is a cross of Platanus occidentalis (American Sycamore) and P. orientalis (Oriental Sycamore). The reason I say not likely London Plane is because the balls are attached in twos. His pic in Post #15 has a row of 3. Not that it is impossible to have variability in nature! - but that is a identification separator.

ATH

Addicted to ArboristSite
I don't think that is a split...just the bark forming under the Y. That is auch more open "U" shaped fork instead of a tighter "V" shape. That means a split is far, far less likely. Certainly worth a closer look though!