Walnut stump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadovanB

Reaction score
Hello,

I became "feller" just because I had one tall walnut at my garden that had to come down. Everything went quite smoothly but Now I fight with the stump, the whole time I was using my electric saw Makita UC4041A - was satisfied with that but now the last parts of the stump are like concrete and no - in those parts there is no dirt or stones. I cannot remove the stump completely cause from 1 side there is a garage so I dug around from the remaining 3 sides and want to cut it just at least a little bit below the surface with the chainsaw. I even borrowed the gas powered saw Husqvarna 555 but it is not that big of a difference. The chain is dull quite fast and the whole bar with the chain burn. Is it common that it goes really really hard like that? :) Any ideas?
Thank you very much!

Attachments

• walnut stump.jpg
    walnut stump.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 51
Just a few tiny stone inclusions here and there would quickly ruin the chain, often you can't see them. Did you see sparks while cutting?

You might look at you tube for various methods of stump removal, burning and chemical applications, etc.

Back