Wanna Be A Logger?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Machinists have started hiring young folks, like under 20, can't find any experience anymore...

CDL drivers are hard to find, therefore trucks are hard to find.

Welders, mechanics, framers, operators.

This isn't just a PNW phenomena either, not the the Trump camp wants to believe this, but unemployment is at a 40 year low...

Well when we've spent the last 8 years suckling the govt teat what do you think is going to happen? Slackers...

There are so many problems with this statement it's unbelievable. There's onviously more going on with economics, wages and inflation than you have any clue about. It's also a pretty safe bet that you've never had nothing and probably do pretty well for yourself right now too.

I'm going to leave it at that. Oh, except don't move here either.

There are so many problems with this statement it's unbelievable. There's onviously more going on with economics, wages and inflation than you have any clue about. It's also a pretty safe bet that you've never had nothing and probably do pretty well for yourself right now too.

I'm going to leave it at that. Oh, except don't move here either.
Wow. That's a lot of assumptions. Now I know why im never too keen on your posts. I started my business 5 years ago on my own. With no experience and with nothing but the shirt on my back and some big loans to pay off. before that I made 13 bucks an hour at 70-80 hours a week and i should have been getting double that. All the while I was a full time college student and I raised and supported a family of 4 then 5 then 6 and now 7. So you can kiss my ass on that ive never had nothing claim. I have lived on my own dime since I was 18 and I bought and paid for most of my own things since i was twelve by cutting people's lawns and shoveling snow. It was a joke dip wad. If you knew anything about me you'd know my knowledge in history is beyond vast. Of course the economy didn't happen in the last eight years. My comment was a way to weed some people out and to be kind of funny because now people think the world is going to end. Heres a hint politicians never really do anything anyway. So now that I've weeded I know for sure.

What blows my mind is how someone can vote for a party that wants to shut you down. I had a buddy that was all buisness and capitalism and he loved guns and hunting. He always voted Democrat.

Just the fact that you liked that vile comment about me ,Matt makes me seriously question the way I thought about you. I thought you knew me better then that. I was pulling for you too in your new buisness endeavour. maybe it's time I get the **** out of here.

The funny thing is I make a comment about hating trump and everyone get its, but bash the previous administration, oh no.

maybe it's time I get the **** out of here.

Please do. Nathan, Patty and the rest of us can hold down the fort.

13.50 an hour? That's an actual wage you can live with. Especially if you count how that would have inflated with time. It won't be glamourous, but it will pay the bills amd keep food on the table. 7.25 won't.

If you think business is too regulated now you're lucky you're not living in the 50s and 60s.

I won't go Trump vs Clinton. Neither one was my first choice, but it was very clear who was qualified and who was not. And that's begging political, which isn't what the forum is for.

Please do. Nathan, Patty and the rest of us can hold down the fort.

13.50 an hour? That's an actual wage you can live with. Especially if you count how that would have inflated with time. It won't be glamourous, but it will pay the bills amd keep food on the table. 7.25 won't.

If you think business is too regulated now you're lucky you're not living in the 50s and 60s.

I won't go Trump vs Clinton. Neither one was my first choice, but it was very clear who was qualified and who was not. And that's begging political, which isn't what the forum is for.
No it actually won't put food on the table if you pay all the bills. You must not have kids or maybe one or two. My guess is you are at least second generation in the biz you are in. You just had to show up.

... maybe it's time I get the **** out of here.

Nope, stick around. We need loggers here. Real, actual, make-their money-in-the-woods loggers.

Self congratulatory dirt shovers from the Pennsylvania gas fields with no real world logging skills, history, or ability... we could probably live without.

Back