Wanna Be A Logger?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it actually won't put food on the table if you pay all the bills. You must not have kids or maybe one or two. My guess is you are at least second generation in the biz you are in. You just had to show up.

Nope. My dad was a company man, his dad was a farmer and my uncles were all skilled tradesmen.

Now we've both made some incorrect assumptions. I'm the first one. Started ten years ago with a ****** Cat 941, a one ton pickup, an old, ****** tractor, an 044 and an 046. Plus some welding equipment and a set of MAC hand tools I bought used. And I was halfway to an engineering degree, an actually useful college degree.

I don't have children, no. I want to be able to be their dad. Right now I'm not at home enough to make that happen. And trying to have a family of four or five with student loans at $13.50 is just piss poor judgement.

I'm done here. You can rant and rave all you want, but you're not making much sense and what sense you do make makes you look like a true fool.

Randy, it's now snowing here. Thankfully the ice hasn't set in. I can feel it coming though. And we're only booked until Friday anyway.

Nope. My dad was a company man, his dad was a farmer and my uncles were all skilled tradesmen.

Now we've both made some incorrect assumptions. I'm the first one. Started ten years ago with a ****** Cat 941, a one ton pickup, an old, ****** tractor, an 044 and an 046. Plus some welding equipment and a set of MAC hand tools I bought used. And I was halfway to an engineering degree, an actually useful college degree.

I don't have children, no. I want to be able to be their dad. Right now I'm not at home enough to make that happen. And trying to have a family of four or five with student loans at $13.50 is just piss poor judgement.

I'm done here. You can rant and rave all you want, but you're not making much sense and what sense you do make makes you look like a true fool.

Randy, it's now snowing here. Thankfully the ice hasn't set in. I can feel it coming though. And we're only booked until Friday anyway.
I'm not really sure why you took it to the place you did in the first place. I had no one in particular in mind when i made that comment especially you. I don't even really think of you in the equation around here. I must have pissed you off at some other point that I don't know about. Oh well. Assuming things about people is pretty stupid huh?

Nope, stick around. We need loggers here. Real, actual, make-their money-in-the-woods loggers.

Self congratulatory dirt shovers from the Pennsylvania gas fields with no real world logging skills, history, or ability... we could probably live without.
Thanks Bob. A guy can't even poke a little fun here and there. This outburst is exactly why so many timber fallers and loggers have left this site. It's too bad.

You guys taken the ball with ya?
Take a breath. go 'chair a tree for the noise of it
ease up or your next tree will have a horseshoe in it.

Captain Bob, you crossed the bar yet?

Not yet. Last couple of days there were 12 footers from the NW at 12 seconds. That exceeds my chicken-out limit. Plus the fact that it's only going to be open ftom the north jetty to the Oregon border. Everything from the north jetty south to Pt Reyes is closed for domoic acid so it's going to be like feeding time at the zoo out there. The bay is going to be crowded too.
We put the name and numbers on the new boat yesterday. Doctor stuff today and tomorrow. With any luck at all we'll be ready to go Saturday.

There...how's that for a total thread derailment.?

well
Just the fact that you liked that vile comment about me ,Matt makes me seriously question the way I thought about you. I thought you knew me better then that. I was pulling for you too in your new buisness endeavour. maybe it's time I get the **** out of here.

The funny thing is I make a comment about hating trump and everyone get its, but bash the previous administration, oh no.

Um... I was just liking the Don't move here part...

Thing is Bitz, I respect what you are doing probably more then is healthy.

We are about in the same boat, me minus the chittlens, so I'm pulling for ya no matter what.

Just have to keep politics to a minimum, cause I'm sure we can all have something to swing over.

On the plus side the Republicunts are in office now, so the Economy should crash in less then 4 years, probably closer to 3. If I play my cards right, and start saving now, dirt will be cheap again and I'll be able to afford some acreage. Assuming history repeats itself anyway. Democraps/Republicunts who cares, one steals your liberties, the other farms out your jobs... all about the same really.

Thanks Bob. A guy can't even poke a little fun here and there. This outburst is exactly why so many timber fallers and loggers have left this site. It's too bad.

Maybe folks ought not to get into politics here. There's a whole, bitter place in the "other topics" for that. I find myself HAVING to defend my views on things simply because it seems to be OK to bash them anywhere. I'll spit back if you spit. I don't know if you are kidding and tend to think not from all the crap thrown about. I'll just say, it works both ways.

Nobody needs to run away. I've tried but I can't stand the misinformation that gets passed on by "experts" and I'm not meaning you. I will get out the Happy Lights today. We're in the midst of the dark, dismal weather season with short days, and that really affects my moods. I'm sure it does other folks too.

I did not notice if the hiring sign was still up yesterday. It was raining too hard to see.

well

Um... I was just liking the Don't move here part...

Thing is Bitz, I respect what you are doing probably more then is healthy.

We are about in the same boat, me minus the chittlens, so I'm pulling for ya no matter what.

Just have to keep politics to a minimum, cause I'm sure we can all have something to swing over.

On the plus side the Republicunts are in office now, so the Economy should crash in less then 4 years, probably closer to 3. If I play my cards right, and start saving now, dirt will be cheap again and I'll be able to afford some acreage. Assuming history repeats itself anyway. Democraps/Republicunts who cares, one steals your liberties, the other farms out your jobs... all about the same really.

Can you pleeeeeze be a bit nicer in terminology? After the rude campaign, we need to ratchet up the polite meter quite a bit.

Bitzer why do you have to make fun of us second generation guys? It's not my fault I was born with a silv... Um, wooden spoon and like the woods enough to buy into the business. You hurt my tender equipment operating feelings.

Stop by my job sometime if you ever travel UP here.

Back