Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you need to make some more phone calls. I know you have white pine and shortleaf in the Ozarks and probably elsewhere. Call the DNR and ask for loggers or forester numbers. Even the hardwood mills saw pine from time to time.

I think you need to make some more phone calls. I know you have white pine and shortleaf in the Ozarks and probably elsewhere. Call the DNR and ask for loggers or forester numbers. Even the hardwood mills saw pine from time to time.

Ok. I will try anything. Thanks for the DNR idea. I have called mills. No luck. Have not found Ozarks loggers.

The DNR I did not think of.

Everyone question? What is the average distance logger drive to the mill.

If I was in a 200 mile distance. What would it cost for a load of softwood cost? How much mileage rate?

I need to an idea of what a log truck of wood cost delivers if I moved to carve for a few month to a area I could get a truck.

Is there anyway you guys can give me a cost of what a log truck OF LOGS would cost to deliver to Kansas City, MO. And from where Even if you won't make the run. I need to see what the cost would be. There are other carvers around me and my clients. They ask and I dont like feeling stupid by saying I don't know.

Thanks.
Tj

5mbf (truckload) of pine logs here would get you about 1200 bucks give or take a little. My guy charges me 85 bucks an hour. I'm guessing it's about 10 hours to the state line from where I'm at by truck so with a little fudge factor trucking would be right around 2 grand. So $3200 might get a load to the border. I don't know anyone crazy enough to do that plus you need interstate permits etc and so forth and to know the hauling rules and regulations. We can haul 98k here might be different elsewhere.

Thank you. That help j
5mbf (truckload) of pine logs here would get you about 1200 bucks give or take a little. My guy charges me 85 bucks an hour. I'm guessing it's about 10 hours to the state line from where I'm at by truck so with a little fudge factor trucking would be right around 2 grand. So $3200 might get a load to the border. I don't know anyone crazy enough to do that plus you need interstate permits etc and so forth and to know the hauling rules and regulations. We can haul 98k here might be different elsewhere.
u

Thank you. Your the first to give me some numbers. At the very least I have a ball park when clients ask me about costs.

I am toying with the idea of setting up closer to a wood supply next summer. Renting a spot.

Any suggestions on areas with low cost softwood supply (does not have to be straight, could be tops and crouches)?

Tj

Is there laws of stopping the transportation of logs in a transport
If you are nut over weight?
If it's doable then I would be talking to the company's. Best would be in cases were they have no regular return yet or room for some each time.

Ok. I will try anything. Thanks for the DNR idea. I have called mills. No luck. Have not found Ozarks loggers.

The DNR I did not think of.

Everyone question? What is the average distance logger drive to the mill.

If I was in a 200 mile distance. What would it cost for a load of softwood cost? How much mileage rate?

I need to an idea of what a log truck of wood cost delivers if I moved to carve for a few month to a area I could get a truck.

Is there anyway you guys can give me a cost of what a log truck OF LOGS would cost to deliver to Kansas City, MO. And from where Even if you won't make the run. I need to see what the cost would be. There are other carvers around me and my clients. They ask and I dont like feeling stupid by saying I don't know.

Thanks.
Tj
"I don't know" is more intelligent than some BS ball park number that wood not hold water. IMHO and experience w executor of estate that had 171 acres I wanted. Logger took out about 100 pines, months before mother passed, along with many double loads of hard wood. In state transport has less regs than across state lines can be shorter for less cost. Have you considered red cedar?

"I don't know" is more intelligent than some BS ball park number that wood not hold water. IMHO and experience w executor of estate that had 171 acres I wanted. Logger took out about 100 pines, months before mother passed, along with many double loads of hard wood. In state transport has less regs than across state lines can be shorter for less cost. Have you considered red cedar?
Yes. I like red Cedar.

I usually have to go 2 hours south to get diameters 11"-18" diameter or bigger. Hit and miss on find a supply.

Latest posts

Back