want to take the tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherri679

Reaction score
Hi , just bought a home . The former owner,s wife got this tree and has since died the husband wants to dig it up and take it . It is a5.5(about) japenese red maple .Now i know he can't take it unless we give permission but my husband and i would let him have it if it means that much too him.What i want toknow is will he harm the tree it appears well established he will have to replace it how much? could we put another type of tree there? what trees stay releativly small and full like the maple? i don't know much about trees any help is appreciated:) :) :)

It may be getting too late to transplant this type of tree. Waiting for the fall would be in the gentlemans best interest.

I would recomend having it done proffesonaly, dig by hand, prune the roots so the cuts are clean, wrap the ball in burlap, rent a ball dolly to mive it. When planting, follow the guidlines that are availible on sites that Darrin wont let us talk about. (or do you have them here, oh mighty editor? add link if so, tahnk you kindly.)

transplanting guidelines

There are several threads with good info on transplanting trees. I have put in my 2 cents on a few of them. They can be found by READING, or even using the SEARCH button at the top of every page.

Thats a hard call. not about the transplant but giving up the tree.Im just wondering if thats one of the reasonsn you bought the house

Latest posts

Back