Wanted: Husky 298xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedanman

Just cut the piano!!
Reaction score
A friend of mine is looking for a clean 298Xp. I told him to ask you guys but he's not computer savvy so I'm asking. He ONLY wants this model so please don't offer him anything else. If anyone has one for sale call Jamie at 845-724-5805.
P.S What are his chances of finding one, are these rare or collectable?

I dont believe there is such a thing as a 298XP. He is probably talking about a 288XP, which was a powerful popular model for many years, recently replaced by the 385XP

The 298 was a variation of a 2100. I saw one once years ago. I can't remember the difference, perhaps it had higher rpm. But the two appeared identical.

Bought a 2100 for $375 back in 86 or so, sold it a three years ago for $250, after I got a 3120.

The 298 replaced the 285 back in the mid 80's. The 285 was 85cc, but as I recall, the 298 was a little bigger. It was in the line-up along with the 2100, but didn't have as much under the hood. It was the first large Husky to have a composite starter housing as well as other innovations. This saw didn't have a compression release and the starter was an obvious weakness. For this reason and others, this saw wasn't a good seller, and was dropped only after a couple or three years. Your friend would be much better off with a 285 or a 2100.

Dave

The 298 lost market share as it was in the middle and most fallers in our area opted for the larger saw 2100. the 285 was alittle to small for our area except as a large consumer saw.
I have never seen one and i think your best bet would be a 2100

Good luck

John W

Guys, I don't know why he wants this particular saw. He may be trying to have every saw in the Husky line-up for a given year. "Odd duck" describes my friend as well as this saw. This guy is a very good saw tech so he must have some reason for wanting one.

Latest posts

Back