• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Wanted mcculloch 797 or 125

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydro74

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Like the title states looking for a mac 797 or a 125 prefer running but don't mind a decent rebuild let me know if there's any out there looking for a new home!

Yes.

Would y'all rather have a 797 or an SP125?

Which has more Parts availability?

As far as parts availability, several saws share many parts, so that'll help out a lot in terms of availability. eBay has quite a few parts floating around often.

I'm not sure what specific parts are hard to come by nowadays; I've never owned or run one so I wouldn't know, but plan to in the near future. This is all based off of searches and reading and most definately someone else knows a hell of a lot more than I do.

I'm after a 790, 890, or a 797/ Super 797 myself. Not really a fan of the CP or SP 125.

As far as parts availability, several saws share many parts, so that'll help out a lot in terms of availability. eBay has quite a few parts floating around often.

I'm not sure what specific parts are hard to come by nowadays; I've never owned or run one so I wouldn't know, but plan to in the near future. This is all based off of searches and reading and most definately someone else knows a hell of a lot more than I do.

I'm after a 790, 890, or a 797/ Super 797 myself. Not really a fan of the CP or SP 125.
I have a 795 if your interested.

Don,

There is no doubt they have gotten high priced. The problem is as you well know they sure are not making anymore.

Bill

No, but easy enough to make one for ones self, though it seems most guys want them already done up for them. They can be made for around a grand if a person takes their time, shops wisely, and will do the work themselves. Not a lot available to those that won't or can't. I guess they can pay for the privilege IF they get the chance and have the money. Trouble is, folks with 101 saws don't part with them much, if at all.

I will someday have a 125 with and without a 101 block. granted I can find the parts for sale. I will gladly take the time to build it except that I don't have enough green laying around. I'll have to save for a while

No but easy enough to make one for onrs self, though it seems most guys want them already done up for them. They can be made for around a grand if a person takes their time, shops wisely, and will do the work themselves. Not a lot available to those that won't or can't. I guess they can pay for the privilege IF they get the chance and have the money. Trouble is, folks with 101 saws don't part with them much, if at all.

Well around here it is tough to find a 101 or parts. Those who have them hang on to them. I did get one locally with a Margay sidewinder and a Margay quick change gear box. The 101 is rebuildable. I have another 101 that is not. If came from a saw racer. It apparently threw a rod right through the front of the manifold. The guy JB welded it back together. There is no use in doing anything with that

Latest posts

Back