• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Wanted: Stihl 026 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarolinaGuy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking to buy a decent condition ready to go Stihl 026 Pro model saw. Would like one for cutting fire wood, my 391 is really overkill and the old Echo 440 EVL walked off so wanting a good replacement that hopefully will last me several years. Anyone have one laying around that they want to sale?

Thanks guys!

Welcome to AS CarolinaGuy.
Hopefully you can fund what your looking for, all I have for sale in 50cc saws is husky 346's both the original edition(oe) and the new edition(ne).

Thanks for the welcome chipper! Stihlsmoking, really looking for the pro model, I know the only difference is the adjustable oiler & the decomp valve, but both are nice features if I can actually find them.

I really appreciate the offers guys.

Same here. Got a clean brick-red shroud 026 (old one) but not a pro :/

Attachments

• 20160823_174734.jpg
    20160823_174734.jpg
    674.8 KB · Views: 38
I got a non pro with a pro cylinder with a woods ported procylinder 44.7 mm no decompression its not needeed on a 50 cc saw new seals bearings rings vacum tested all oem great running saw super clean and the non adjustable oiler pumps plenty of oil no shortage of oil on a non adjustable oiler on the 026 350 ride included

I got a non pro with a pro cylinder with a woods ported 44.7 mm cylinder ported muffler as well no decompression its not needeed on a 50 cc saw new seals bearings rings vacum tested all oem great running saw super clean and the non adjustable oiler pumps plenty of oil no shortage of oil on a non adjustable oiler on the 026 350 ride included powerhead only has .325 sprocket call or text me i can send u some pics and a video 407 557 7259

Thanks for the welcome chipper! Stihlsmoking, really looking for the pro model, I know the only difference is the adjustable oiler & the decomp valve, but both are nice features if I can actually find them.

I really appreciate the offers guys.

I have had a 026 Pro and I currently have a 026 Metal Tag/Red Lever and a 260 Pro. I sold the 026 Pro because the Red Lever 026 was stronger than the 026 Pro. The non-adjustable oiler puts out more oil than most the adjustable oilers on other saw's that I have (at wide open on the adj) and there is not enough to compression to need a decomp on a 50cc saw (even a ported one). Most guys just plug them because they usually leak valuable compression at some point. Just my .02 worth though. Happy Hunting

I'm starting to think no one is willing to let there pro model go, lol can't blame them. Still hopeing someone has an extra one they might be willing to part with.

Have seen lots of nice non pro models that would make a fine saw but really wanting a pro model.

Thanks guys!

For those saws with adjustable oilers, I never run any of them on less than high output. On the 026 I think it's a non issue. I myself have a few of them and wouldn't pay more for a "pro" than a non pro. But as a buyer, get what you want. No sense buying something else.

Some would even make the argument that the non pro has a more dependable oiler. In all honesty, I'd choose one based on condition rather than pro or non. And fwiw, my pro started better without the decomp pushed. Never really understood that.

I was under the impression that the pro model oiler didn't oil at idle but the non pro did? Can anyone confirm this?

I have had some decent looking 026's offered, one 260 but was sold before I could respond. Trying to decide on either a running 026 shipped for $275 or spending a little extra on a MS260 model. Any reason to choose one over the other? I would like to get something worked out by the end of the weekend.

Thanks guys!

There is so little difference it's not worth worrying about.

I was under the impression that the pro model oiler didn't oil at idle but the non pro did? Can anyone confirm this?

I have had some decent looking 026's offered, one 260 but was sold before I could respond. Trying to decide on either a running 026 shipped for $275 or spending a little extra on a MS260 model. Any reason to choose one over the other? I would like to get something worked out by the end of the weekend.

Thanks guys!
You are correct about the oilers. Whether it matters probably depends on how much you idle your saw. The big reason to choose between those two models, to me, is the flippin fuel and oil caps.
I agree about the saw starting better without the decompressor, I removed mine.

Back