• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Wanted - Stihl 038 Tank - NOS; 041 Super 48 mm Jug and Piston - NOS or Good OEM

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fellas -

Trying to keep my 038 Mag all OEM/NOS. Looking for a NOS tank. One on it is functional, just faded and beat up.

Also have a 041 that I want to convert to 041 Super. I'm guessing it's basically a jug and piston swap, but if there's anything else to it (carb? muffler?) I'll want those bits, too. NOS or OEM is fine on the jug. Piston would have to be NOS or perfect used.

Thanks,

Scott

Fellas -

Trying to keep my 038 Mag all OEM/NOS. Looking for a NOS tank. One on it is functional, just faded and beat up.

Also have a 041 that I want to convert to 041 Super. I'm guessing it's basically a jug and piston swap, but if there's anything else to it (carb? muffler?) I'll want those bits, too. NOS or OEM is fine on the jug. Piston would have to be NOS or perfect used.

Thanks,

Scott

The Super cylinder mounts via long studs that go from the top of the cylinder to the case whereas the standard cylinder has normal short screws that just go through the base flange. If you're converting from a non-Super, the studs are sometimes even more difficult to find than cylinders. The Super muffler is also slightly different (shorter tube I believe) to account for the larger cylinder. I could be wrong, but I think those are the only differences you'll need to account for.

The Super cylinder mounts via long studs that go from the top of the cylinder to the case whereas the standard cylinder has normal short screws that just go through the base flange. If you're converting from a non-Super, the studs are sometimes even more difficult to find than cylinders. The Super muffler is also slightly different (shorter tube I believe) to account for the larger cylinder. I could be wrong, but I think those are the only differences you'll need to account for.

From interwebs reasearch I have found that the carb is different as well.

Ok, the bolt/stud deal is the same as putting a 111 cc jug on an 051 to 075/076.

Thanks for the info.

Scott

Latest posts

Back