Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Wanting several trees taken down...

Discussion in 'Homeowner Helper Forum' started by TNTreeHugger, Sep 13, 2018 at 7:41 AM.

1. TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger Addicted to ArboristSite

Hi All,
    I have a fairly large pecan and a couple of Paulownia trees I want taken down to the ground, stump ground out and debris removed.
    Is there a member here who lives near the middle Tennessee area interested in the job?
    Or, can you suggest questions I need to ask when calling tree-trimmers in the phone book?
    What would be a reasonable price to pay for this type of job?
    Would it be better to wait later in the season, after the leaves have fallen and the sap is down?

The Empress trees are scraggly-looking and make a mess, even though the flowers are beautiful and smell wonderful, I'm sorry I planted them. One is near he barn. I got on a ladder and trimmed a couple limbs day before yesterday, but won't take a chance on cutting any higher.

The pecan tree looks to me to be top-heavy, with very long limbs, and very close to the barn on one side and now interfering with a beautiful maple on the other side.. it puts out small nuts every year, but they're mostly squirrel food... and I don't need any more squirrels!

The past few weeks I've noticed a loud buzzing sound, that seems to be coming from the pecan tree. I don't see any bees, but I did see what looked like flies buzzing around the trunk. A dead limb fell out of the tree about the same time I noticed the buzzing.
    There was a matching pecan, about ten feet from this one, around the corner of the barn that came down in a storm, laying the canopy on the roof of the house, about 20 years ago. I don't want to see a repeat.
    Maybe they just need to be cut back and trimmed?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DSC03272.JPG DSC03274.JPG DSC03284.JPG DSC03285.JPG

2. TNTreeHugger

Here's the pecan tree...

DSC03273.JPG DSC03275.JPG DSC03276.JPG DSC03278.JPG DSC03279.JPG DSC03280.JPG DSC03282.JPG

3. jefflovstrom

jefflovstrom It was a beautiful day!

ATH and TNTreeHugger like this.
  4. TNTreeHugger

jefflovstrom likes this.
  5. TNTreeHugger

Yeah, so, this isn't working out as well as I had hoped...
    The first guy I called said, "If you don't hear back from me by the end of the week, call me back."
    The second guy is in SC at the moment, but said he works for the power company and doesn't do residential work. He did give me the number of someone else though... no answer.

I guess it's just not meant to be.... guess I'll just let Nature take it's course and let the limbs fall where they may. :rolleyes: