was hit by wedge thrown by the saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echomeister

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was cutting long straight piece on the ground using a plasic wedge to keep the wood from binding the saw. The wedge slipped down into the chain and the next thing i knew i had a bloody lip. The saw threw the wedge back at me quite hard. Anybody else experience this kinda thing

och!, sorry to read but no not like yours... I been clipped a lot by bits of flying debris and wood chunks,, im trying to work out the physics and guessing the wedge ricochet back off something to hit you as rotating chain direction with normal top cut would have pushed it away from you 1st. be grateful was plastic not steel wedge or maybe a missing tooth..

Been hit in the tender parts by a springpole, at first for two seconds it doesn't hurt then I am rolling around on the ground in extreme agony or having the notch cut when it doesn't come out then hitting it with your saw and it hits you on the knee cap, more agony

Back