Was there ever an actual 076 workshop manual?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDNicol

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there was ever an actual service manual that covered the 076. I have the one that is floating around the web which is titled "051,076" but inside it states "this service manual covers model 050,051 and 075 chain saws up to machine number 5 277 720". However, it does make a few references to the 076 but only in relation to the similarities to the 075.
Well anyway I decided to order a service manual from the dealer with the part number off the back (AFAIK the service manual gets updated but the part number remains the same), hoping to get a more up to date one. I did this for the 070/090 also. Well when I got the manuals the 051,076 one was identical to the one I already had but I did indeed receive a more up to date 070/090 one.
Any thoughts?

I didn't find a 076 SM using my Stihl CD, but it only allows access to certain models--excludes older models and newer models. Perhaps the 076 SM was 'paper copy only.' It sounds as though the docs you have should get you through most repairs.

Thanks for the replies. I don't think I quite got my point across, I have a lot of service manuals, IPLs and Tech updates in electronic form (2010 MediaCAT) and a few service manuals in paper form. However, I am debating the existence of a manual that actually focussed on the 076 as the paper manual I ordered, which I presume to be the most up to date actually does not. It is identical to the electronic manual (PDF scan) I already have.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The manual would have been written before the 076 release and thus does not actually contain the type of info I want.
I don't need the manual for any repair work (I have completely rebuilt a 075 before). I wanted it to see if it could shed some more light on the 075/076 differences. Most people seem to believe the 075 never had a side oil cap when in fact it did. Also most people believe the 076 never had a trigger unit under the flywheel, which in fact the early ones did.

Back