• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

We’re going to get money?

Del_

Career arborist
Question is Where is the money going to come from - maybe another loan from China? Social Security? Maybe Bloomberg, Gates, Soros, and Bezos could spare some pocket change?
The money will come from thin air. We will print it up and steal from every American that has been frugal enough to save and give it to corporations and people who have been living in unsustainable ways.

alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here in Michigan they put a tax on retired peoples pentions 2002 or there abouts. bussiness'es got a big tax cut, bussinesses like GM who pays the CEO 22 Million dollars today throw Ford, Chrysler, GE, Dow, and insurance companys. For a list look for the sponcer decals on race cars.

:D Al

sixonetonoffun

sixonetonoffun

Addicted to ArboristSite
Question is Where is the money going to come from - maybe another loan from China? Social Security? Maybe Bloomberg, Gates, Soros, and Bezos could spare some pocket change?
The money will come from thin air. We will print it up and steal from every American that has been frugal enough to save and give it to corporations and people who have been living in unsustainable ways.
Yep printing it is the answer. It was executive order just before any deal with congress was reached.

Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins

Firewood by TJ
This is exactly what has come to my mind as to where it can come from. I really do not want any government doing any thing just let us try to go back to work to generate wealth. America only knows how to do this. It can be done. Thanks

tomsteve

tomsteve

ArboristSite Operative
Support to animal shelders, not today, they were once a good thung but today they are importing from other countrys. Charge half the cost of a Pooch with papers and a health guarantee.

:D Al
SOME rescues get dogs from other countries. the number of rescues that do is very small.
$200 to adopt a dog that spayed/neutered and UTD on all shots is a drop in the bucket of what it costs the shelters/rescues to vet and house them until adoption.
i looked through a few breeds here and havent seen any $400 dogs.

alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
We paid 500.00 for our Ryman style English setter Pup with papers and a health warrenty.

1584924313605.png
1584924347443.png

Last two pound pups cost us more than that in vet bills with in two weeks.

:D al

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Looks like the final Senate version of the relief bill will have "one time checks of $1,200 to all Americans making less than $70,000 per year"

Most likely AGI & not gross, based on last years IRS data imo

The final version also got rid of most of the far left progressive demands, and also nixed stock buybacks from companies that get federal assistance
up to one year after things settle down.

MontanaResident

MontanaResident

A Stihl Fanatic
Looks like the final Senate version of the relief bill will have "one time checks of $1,200 to all Americans making less than $70,000 per year"

Most likely AGI & not gross, based on last years IRS data imo

The final version also got rid of most of the far left progressive demands, and also nixed stock buybacks from companies that get federal assistance
up to one year after things settle down.
Lots of people don't make enough money to have to file taxes. Do they get a stimulus benefits? So how about those at the very bottom of the economic scale?

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
What would you suggest?

Sorry I haven't visited this thread in a while. I'll give a couple principles, but no hard suggestions.

In general, a gub'ment handout is a redistribution of wealth, which is not good for a healthy economy. That money has to come from somewhere, and that means taxes. Even if they go to the stupid option of just printing more, then we will run into the dangers of out-of-control inflation, and once that starts, there is no stopping it, and our economy dies completely, and it's a horrid death. History has shown that many times over in other nations.

But some people are prohibited from working, and so they cannot earn money. What to do?
I think the generosity of people is the first line of defense. As a landlord, I can work with my tenants who may be struggling by reducing rent. Many are already doing this. Businesses who have a bit of extra can continue to pay employees something for the time being. Many are doing this. There are food pantries, churches, charities, and civic groups all over the place who have reserves of money to help out in just these circumstances. I myself distributed $1,000 from my own church for the tornadoes in TN a couple weeks ago. Our fund is down to a few hundred now, but that's an example.

Also, I might suggest that many people aren't as poor as we'd like to believe. Technically I am WAY below the poverty level, yet I own my own home free-and-clear, have 4 vehicles (all paid for), and my bills are paid and my kids fed. Am I poor? Well, it depends on how you look at it. But many people on food stamps have $800 phones and unlimited internet.
Perhaps this crisis will cause some to realize that one should be wiser with their money - but the gub'ment will help them and so they can continue to make foolish decisions with their ( or rather, MY) money. Poverty is lack of needed resources, not lack of frivolous stuff. There is no need for anyone in this nation to be truly in poverty. There are so many ministries and groups that help get people on their feet, but the fact is that most of them who stay there choose to stay there. Perhaps if they didn't get any food until they did some work might be a better motivation. An empty stomach has motivated many a lazy man before.

sixonetonoffun

sixonetonoffun

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just another corporate welfare plan. But they have to wait 1 whole year before they can pocket the proceeds! Yet another excuse to further deregulate finance.

frank_

frank_

ArboristSite Operative
very true del ;) print 2 trillion dollars and that will devalue all the $ you have saved up, and also causes a price spiral.
next on the cards is a bank run, so bank accounts will get frozen, and everybody's savings will disappear into the debt void.
i drew most my savings out, but uk supermarkets prefer contactless card payment while this virus is rife, yet some smaller shops are insisting on "cash only, no cards" so what do you do ??

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hard for people to work when the powers that be tell them they cant work. We have been out for almost 2 weeks. Everything here is shutting down. Stores that are open, run minimal staff and have cut hours to the bone. Charity from the govt or church is not going to solve this. A $1200 check would not pay for ½ a months rent here. We need to get back to work.

Woody912

Woody912

ArboristSite Guru
Hard for people to work when the powers that be tell them they cant work. We have been out for almost 2 weeks. Everything here is shutting down. Stores that are open, run minimal staff and have cut hours to the bone. Charity from the govt or church is not going to solve this. A $1200 check would not pay for ½ a months rent here. We need to get back to work.
$1200 would have made my house payment for 3 months. I'd be moving