Wearing shorts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bomber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have never really seen professional tree workers wearing shorts until seeing numerouse pictures of others on this site. I recently worked with someone who showed up to climb in shorts and am still traumatized by the sight. Is this an acceptable practice in other areas?
I think climbers and groundman should be wearing pants. Leave the shorts to the lawnmower man.

I have never really seen professional tree workers wearing shorts until seeing numerouse pictures of others on this site. I recently worked with someone who showed up to climb in shorts and am still traumatized by the sight. Is this an acceptable practice in other areas?
I think climbers and groundman should be wearing pants. Leave the shorts to the lawnmower man.

fack you Ill give you traumatized... the only reason you dont wear shorts is your afraid you may cut your own skinny legs off in a moment of confusion while dead wooding.

fack you Ill give you traumatized... the only reason you dont wear shorts is your afraid you may cut your own skinny legs off in a moment of confusion while dead wooding.

Wow.....I didn't mention you by name. Shhh it will be our secret. Nobody can read this because I hit the PM button.

Wow.....I didn't mention you by name. Shhh it will be our secret. Nobody can read this because I hit the PM button.

i wear them from time to time all depends what I'm doing in the picture you saw me doing it in it really wasn't my intention my pants tore. but i don't really get tore up doing it. but other than that i just wear levi's i got a whole closet full of them arbor wear pants. but in the summer their unbearable. it can get up in the high 90's a lot where I'm at.

if I'm gonna be working in spruce all day i wear long sleeves. but a oak maple and so on shorts work. if I'm cutting out of the bucket no one can tell anyways. LOL

i wear them from time to time all depends what I'm doing in the picture you saw me doing it in it really wasn't my intention my pants tore. but i don't really get tore up doing it. but other than that i just wear levi's i got a whole closet full of them arbor wear pants. but in the summer their unbearable. it can get up in the high 90's a lot where I'm at.

if I'm gonna be working in spruce all day i wear long sleeves. but a oak maple and so on shorts work. if I'm cutting out of the bucket no one can tell anyways. LOL

Thats why I dont have a bucket... I wouldnt even show up with shorts on... well that and the cost of the bucket combined with the cost of getting caught with out pants on.

Not just your picture but others I have seen. We always wore pants, just use to it I guess. Thankfully it never hits the 90's way up north in Connecticut.

Last edited:
Not just your picture but others I have seen. We always wore pants, just use to it I guess. Thankfully it never hits the 90's way up north in Connecticut.

We had 105 for almost a week and my foreman had a mild heart attack out in the heat. He's 65 and I can't get him to sit at desk he's still got the cuttin in his blood.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?iwj0ic

No, I do not wear shorts ever on the job. I consider it to be unprofessional.

That being said, when I was young and learning I worked under a bad ass climber who wore them everyday in the Summertime. We worked for one of the largest services in the city too. He was a good enough climber that they pretty much left him alone and let him wear what he wanted to. I always thought he was a little fruity though. He was a tree hugging type with a high pitched voice... I always thought he was a little light in the loafers... He comes to mind when I picture some of the posters on this site at times. :)

I hardly ever even where blue jeans anymore on the job. I either wear green or tan khakis.

No, I do not wear shorts ever on the job. I consider it to be unprofessional.

That being said, when I was young and learning I worked under a bad ass climber who wore them everyday in the Summertime. We worked for one of the largest services in the city too. He was a good enough climber that they pretty much left him alone and let him wear what he wanted to. I always thought he was a little fruity though. He was a tree hugging type with a high pitched voice... I always thought he was a little light in the loafers... He comes to mind when I picture some of the posters on this site at times. :)

I hardly ever even where blue jeans anymore on the job. I either wear green or tan khakis.

I wear tan khakis everyday. Jeans just seem to feel heavy and I can't move well in them and are hot.

I like getting my shorts on when it gets hot out. I ain't gonna be doing Spruce or White Pine removals with them on, but most anything else doesn't bother me.

A nice set of uniform shorts and I got my cable guy look on.

I use to sometimes ware shorts(and tennis shoes) when I was self employed in the summer depending on the job and where it was. A lazy trim job in 100+ heat using hand tools, nice. I would never show up in shorts to someone elses job or doing saw work

When I'm up in the bucket I never have pants on. lets the boyz air out :blob2::blob2:and I feel free.. Shorts on the other hand are out of the ? and I will fire you over it:msp_angry:

I use to sometimes ware shorts(and tennis shoes) when I was self employed in the summer depending on the job and where it was. A lazy trim job in 100+ heat using hand tools, nice. I would never show up in shorts to someone elses job or doing saw work

I figured with all the hippies in California the standard would be shorts, Jesus sandals, and a swinging pony tail.

I climb in shorts .

All summer long. When it's hot out It's all I'm climbing in unless PI is involved or a Black Locust.

There are plenty of climbers around. If you'd rather have a stoned yahoo who cuts and crashes wearing pants or a sober climber wearing shorts who rigs everything down safely, don't let me stand in your way.

Latest posts

Back