Wearing shorts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At our operation, it's the salesguys who will wear shorts (the ones talking to the clients - hows that for professionalism) while the workers wear slash pants (no chaps). And the pants have to meet WCB standards. And everyone wears hi viz shirts.

By the time we get to the jobsite, I doubt Mrs Smith cares if we look all fancy. The nice hi viz shirts seem to collect dirt and never wash clean.

Besides the cost the only down fall is having to carry another cooler of ice water to recharge the packets. They sure can't go in with the drinking water. I just broke a new guy of tossing his pop in there.

Besides the cost the only down fall is having to carry another cooler of ice water to recharge the packets. They sure can't go in with the drinking water. I just broke a new guy of tossing his pop in there.
Lol oh heck no, floaties no good :surprised3: I have so many extra ice chests from aging deer, I'll just bleach one out to use

Nope. Never got a wraptor ride yet. I have the HH, HAAS, and foot ascender setup. Wraptor would be awesome but for a guy that humped a taught line for 16 years, srt is like floating into the tree.

Nope. Never got a wraptor ride yet. I have the HH, HAAS, and foot ascender setup. Wraptor would be awesome but for a guy that humped a taught line for 16 years, srt is like floating into the tree.
I body thrusted taughtline from 81 till 2012 so I know whacha sayin! Wraptor is great and I used it then transferred over to drt but I needed better setups for when redirecting and simple climbs of 50 foot or less where the wraptor seemed a bit like overkill! hh is on my radar seems like everyone likes them.

I went with the HH over the RW because I found it to cinch up tighter for spar work. I will say the RW tends slack better though.
Right: well, when I work the spar I have been using my gri gri untie off my wraptor and tie to spar. I like the break it provides shins in long spur sessions so I also understand where your coming from there! That combined with the art positioner have made this old man a happy mofo:rolleyes:

Now this thread has me wondering where big brother (OSHA) stands on this matter. I really should find out since I'm supposed to be coming up with a safety program for the company I work for.

I know years ago when I worked in a kitchen at a Tastee Freeze. (High school job) We had to wear pants per the labor laws because of the hot grease in the fryers. I'm not sure pants would really help much if the fryer dumped over, but that was the law.

BTW, it was 88* here today, got to 100* up in Fairbanks.

I know years ago when I worked in a kitchen at a Tastee Freeze. (High school job) We had to wear pants per the labor laws because of the hot grease in the fryers. I'm not sure pants would really help much if the fryer dumped over, but that was the law.

BTW, it was 88* here today, got to 100* up in Fairbanks.

100° in Fairbanks[emoji23]. GTFO
6b14e02c55bd8d25ac23001febdcb6d1.png

This subject seems to come up every year when it gets hot. You can wear shorts and still look professional. Arborwear makes some nice shorts. If you are working in the heat you need to work smart. If you still wear jeans, you need to get your head examined. There are materials today that breath and wick that make it seem like you wearing shorts. I have never worn shorts but I'm not opposed to it. To each his own, though the Canadian's do seem to be set in their ways.

And if you really want to get your thong in an uproar Acer, sometimes we wear

TANK TOPS!!!!

And if we're working on a steep slope??

SNEAKERS!!!!!!

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:
That's hilarious to me. I've said it before.. I'll say it again.. facking 'muricans. Trump would approve, no doubt. Hahahaha

Latest posts

Back