Wearing shorts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packets of what?

Besides the cost the only down fall is having to carry another cooler of ice water to recharge the packets. They sure can't go in with the drinking water. I just broke a new guy of tossing his pop in there.

GWB was a real man and a good leader, his only downfall was being a little too PC

100° in Fairbanks[emoji23]. GTFO
6b14e02c55bd8d25ac23001febdcb6d1.png
100 degrees. Haha. Nice call

100 degrees. Haha. Nice call

This was taken by a friend yesterday.... 13615423_1231140516905143_8152604075579938253_n.jpg

It's 82* right now there according to the online weather, which seems to be accurate. Says it's 68* here and I'm showing 70.4*. It's almost 9PM. Wasn't as hot today.

Though it also says it's cloudy and rainy here, and it's sunny... I dunno, but the pic is real. I promise I have much better things to do than make up stories. I have enough memory issues as is (traumatic brain injury), it's hard enough to remember the actual truth, never mind remembering made up things!

I'm unable to find any record of Fairbanks, AK reaching 100° In fact the highest recorded temperature for Fairbanks is 94° last reached in 1991
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/History.aspx?month=6

Highest temperature reached so far this year seems to be 88° reached yesterday.
https://www.wunderground.com/histor...reqdb.zip=99710&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

Only part of Alaska to ever reach 100° was Fort Yukon on June 27, 1915

I'm not doubting the picture of the sign for the airport, but I do doubt it reached 100°. Just the other day I drove through a small town in the mountains and the grocery store sign said it was 97° and yet every other sign in town and the official temperature for the town was 85°

I'm unable to find any record of Fairbanks, AK reaching 100° In fact the highest recorded temperature for Fairbanks is 94° last reached in 1991
http://www.intellicast.com/Local/History.aspx?month=6

Highest temperature reached so far this year seems to be 88° reached yesterday.
https://www.wunderground.com/histor...reqdb.zip=99710&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

Only part of Alaska to ever reach 100° was Fort Yukon on June 27, 1915

I'm not doubting the picture of the sign for the airport, but I do doubt it reached 100°. Just the other day I drove through a small town in the mountains and the grocery store sign said it was 97° and yet every other sign in town and the official temperature for the town was 85°
I once saw a bank sign say -6 it was 106 that day !!

I don't think I said there was an "offical" temp of 100*. I'm not sure how they figure the official temp, but I know I've often seen 15-20* colder or hotter here vs the "offical temp"

Hell yesterday morning they claimed it was 59* when it was 73* here at home and 71* at the shop!

It was 85* here that same day of the Fairbanks pic and 80* yesterday, what does the official deal say? Zip code 99645, mile ~39 of the Glenn Highway.

None the less point I was making is that it gets quite hot here too.

"Yup, I was standing on Sarah Palin's back porch admiring the view of Russia, when the temperature soared to 110* in the shade. It was Obama's fault."

I laughed.

...made even funnier since Palin never said that.:clap:

I don't think I said there was an "offical" temp of 100*. I'm not sure how they figure the official temp, but I know I've often seen 15-20* colder or hotter here vs the "offical temp"

Hell yesterday morning they claimed it was 59* when it was 73* here at home and 71* at the shop!

It was 85* here that same day of the Fairbanks pic and 80* yesterday, what does the official deal say? Zip code 99645, mile ~39 of the Glenn Highway.

None the less point I was making is that it gets quite hot here too.
85 lol hot :laughing: I would not climb there without a sweater no professional:p

85 lol hot :laughing: I would not climb there without a sweater no professional:p
You show me one professional arboricultural publication showing any professional wearing shorts and climbing. Just one. From ANY part of the world.. (forget about your excuses). My bet says you find none. However, I can show you numerous pictures of hillbilly's wearing shorts doing all kinds of things that put them in the top of their class for the Darwin awards. Can't fix stupid.

You show me one professional arboricultural publication showing any professional wearing shorts and climbing. Just one. From ANY part of the world.. (forget about your excuses). My bet says you find none. However, I can show you numerous pictures of hillbilly's wearing shorts doing all kinds of things that put them in the top of their class for the Darwin awards. Can't fix stupid.
You not wearing a sweater, I just don't get it totally non pro. Arborware climbing shorts dufus

You show me one professional arboricultural publication showing any professional wearing shorts and climbing. Just one. From ANY part of the world.
Many pros wear shorts in tropic conditions searching for eab and other bugs all the time but they don't have time to post in chest beating forums, such as this. http://www.bakeru.edu/canopy/

You just can't fix stupid

Back